Back by popular demand, iLegal 2013 will be taking place on 14 March 2013 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Rosebank Johannesburg (on the Gautrain route). As always, iLegal 2013 promises to be the leading edge event of the year for everybody involved in the use, operation, installation and implementation of any aspect of surveillance, from security managers, executive managers, IT leaders and technology providers and installers.
iLegal 2013 will highlight current critical issues in CCTV security surveillance, and will launch the latest Consumer Goods Council (CGCSA) CCTV Industry Guidelines to the public for the first time. Speakers from the CGCSA, Business Against Crime, SA Police and major companies will comment how these issues are impacting in the industry, which will include getting successful prosecutions, and case studies in retail and residential estates markets will show how getting systems and CCTV strategy fit for purpose is so important. Dr Craig Donald will also cover the impact of overseas standards, including the UK’s CCTV strategy and the implications for South Africa.
The morning of the event will also see Hi-Tech Security Solutions hosting a panel discussion on which camera technology should be part of your planning for the future, and the application of the appropriate technology to specific environments. This will be supported by a presentation on camera benchmarking, following the recent Rotakin camera shoot-out that took place in December in the Western Cape, and we will have a look at aerial camera usage and what it means, being able to get a bird’s eye view. Remote monitoring, its uses and when it works best will also be subject to a critical examination. And something on everybody’s mind, using surveillance as evidence. We will have the SAPS deliver a presentation on just how the quality of your CCTV footage can impact the outcome of a court case.
The day’s agenda is as follows:
* UK CCTV strategy and standards dynamics and implications for SA – Dr Craig Donald, CEO Leaderware.
* The New CGCSA CCTV Industry Guidelines – Selma Visser, CGCSA
* Battle of the cameras: Camera technology discussion – Panel discussion.
* Liberty Properties: A real-world experience of CCTV in retail – Annette Pillay.
* The CCTV perspective in residential estates – Rob Anderson, Rob Anderson and Associates.
* CCTV benchmarking – Rudi Wolter, Business Against Crime, Western Cape.
* Getting a bird’s eye view: A demonstration of aerial surveillance – Aerial Robotic Media.
* Remote monitoring – Panel discussion.
* How the quality of CCTV evidence will affect your court case strategy – Sonje de Klerk, SAPS.
For more information go to www.ilegal.co.za
|Tel:||+27 11 543 5800|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Technews Publishing|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved