ESDA, the Electronic Security Distributors Association, is an association for distributors, manufacturers and suppliers within the security industry and we invite everyone in these fields to become members.
The objectives of the association are:
• To encourage high quality equipment and to promote high standards of workmanship and ethical conduct with regard to the maintenance of such equipment and technical service to the electronic security industry.
• To promote, encourage and protect the interests of members, and to deal with each and all such matters as may affect the common interests of the members.
• To promote, encourage, support or oppose any legalisation, statutory or other measures affecting the interests of the association or its members; to represent to any government department, minister or public authority, municipal, local or otherwise, the necessity for the enactment or amendment of legalisation or for the issue of regulations, by-laws, ordinances or rules, and/or the provision of services relating to the importation, exportation, supply manufacture and or distribution of electronic security equipment.
• To collect, collate, tabulate and disseminate any information likely to be of use to members.
• To do or perform all such lawful acts, deeds, things or functions as may be incidental or conducive in the attainment of the above objectives in line with good corporate governance principles.
• Facilitating business-to-business contacts among industry stakeholders.
• Co-ordinate with other security industry groups on lobbying government stakeholders around common issues.
• Organise conferences, exhibitions and promotional events in areas or markets where there is potential or scope for members to provide security equipment and technologies or they require additional support.
Our committee is made up of enthusiastic individuals, many of whom have worked in the security industry for many years and who bring with them a great deal of experience. We are constantly looking for opportunities to create new and better member benefits. We work closely together with other organisations and associations in order to meet the objectives or our association.
By working closely with Specialised Exhibitions, our members enjoy a discount when exhibiting at Securex. ESDA is given a stand where we have opportunity to network with our members and promote the association at Securex. Members are invited to visit our stand at Securex this year, which will be held from the 12 -13th May at Gallagher Estates in Midrand – Hall 1 Stand no. F23a.
ESDA members are offered the opportunity of a free half-page editorial in Hi-Tech Security Solutions magazine, which is published monthly. We are fortunate to have Hi-Tech Security Solutions’ Laura Dorrington, as one of our committee members.
For many years the ESDA committee and members have worked closely with SAIDSA, the South African Intruder Detection Services Association. Many ESDA members are affiliate members of SAIDSA and have been co-opted onto the SAIDSA committee. ESDA members work alongside SAIDSA committee members and contribute to the various technical subcommittees and offer support and service to SAIDSA members.
This year ESDA will be hosting a roadshow in Cape Town alongside the SAIDSA Western Cape region’s breakfast and general meeting. In the past, the Cape Town roadshow was extremely well attended. We anticipate it will take place towards the end of July and will be held at The River Club. We invite our members to contact Shirley for further information if interested in booking a stand.
PSIRA has recently announced that the PSIRA amendment Bill is now on the President’s desk awaiting his signature. ESDA has been following this process closely and has had meetings with PSIRA in this regard. We will continue to keep our members updated.
Over the past year, various QCTO (Quality Assurance Council for Trades and Occupations) Qualification Development Scoping meetings for the proposed security equipment installation and maintenance qualification(s) have been held. The QCTO has called for the electronic security and electrical sectors (including contractors, manufacturers and trainers) to form one professional organisation representing both industries. There are obvious concerns in this regard as both sectors must be represented. ESDA will continue to attend meetings in this regard in an effort to ensure our sector is represented and to provide feedback to our members.
This year ESDA will be registering with the Department of Labour and as such, some changes to the constitution are required. Changes have been made and ratified at the AGM. As always ESDA will keep up to date with any issues that affect our members and continually keep our members informed.
Shirley James has been employed to take care of administration and secretarial duties and works mornings – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We invite you to contact Shirley by email if you require any information on firstname.lastname@example.org. A new landline will be installed shortly.
|Tel:||082 653 3802|
|Fax:||086 577 4403|
|Articles:||More information and articles about ESDA (Electronic Security Distributors Association|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved