Tip-offs Anonymous is a unique and innovative business solution that combats some of the most serious problems that face all organisations - that of fraud, dishonesty and other inappropriate behaviour in the workplace.
It is an independent hotline that will:
* enable an organisation's stakeholders (employees, management, suppliers and customers) to report these problems in a confidential manner as well as
* act as a powerful practical deterrent to dishonesty and inappropriate behaviour in the work place.
Tip-offs Anonymous is designed to protect the assets, bottom line and reputation of organisations, both in the private or public sector.
How does the service operate?
* Tip-offs Anonymous will provide an organisation with a unique 0800 Freecall telephone number and unique e-mail address ( firstname.lastname@example.org) as well as a generic free post address and Freecall facsimile facility.
* These details are then communicated to the stakeholders of the organisation by way of various promotional and advertising media (posters, newsletters etc). We commit to provide the organisation with expert guidance and assistance in this regard since the proper communication of the service is critical to its success.
* Trained operators will respond to calls in English, Afrikaans, Zulu or Xhosa at a secure call centre equipped with state-of-the-art equipment - 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
* Operators will interview callers, probing for specific facts such as dates, times, locations, people, amounts involved and any witnesses.
* This information is then analysed and assessed for urgency and importance.
* It is then forwarded to a designated senior executive of the organisation by way of written call reports without revealing the identity of the person making the call.
Benefits to the organisation
* A simple, low-cost deterrent against inappropriate behaviour.
* Tangible demonstration of the organisation's social commitment to promote a culture of honesty and integrity to its stakeholders.
* Protects the organisation from negative publicity by instituting a mechanism to allow management the opportunity to deal with issues internally first before they are made public.
* Evidence of a tangible corporate governance initiative that is integrally linked to the operations of the audit committee and internal audit function.
* The effective highlighting of poor control processes and weak internal control environments, allowing management and the internal audit function to better focus its effort and scarce resources.
* Proactive highlighting of undetected or unreported fraud that may result in financial loss to the organisation.
* Provides stakeholders with an independent mechanism to report anonymously, without fear of recrimination.
* The service supports Protected Disclosures Act 2000 which makes provision for procedures in terms of which employees in both the private and the public sector may disclose information regarding unlawful or irregular conduct by their employers or other employees in the employ of their employers.
For more information visit www.tip-offs.com
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved