The access control systems technician skills programme consists of four unit standards:
* Understanding intruder alarm systems.
* Assess the threat for security installation purposes.
* Monitor and evaluate team members.
* Understand primary labour legislation.
There are very few companies and organisations in South Africa that do not have some sort of access control system. The effectiveness depends on the quality of the installation. These two unit standards are aimed at training technicians to be able to install such systems. They also give an understanding of working with a team and of primary labour legislation.
Understanding intruder alarm systems
Here the learner will be trained in:
* Understanding the theory of intruder alarm systems.
* Explaining this theory.
* Understanding the requirements of intruder detection.
Assess the threat for security installation purposes
The learner will be trained in:
* Understanding electronic security principles.
* Describing the various factors that influence electronic security protection.
* Design electronic security protection measures.
For more information contact Terry Scallan, South African Institute of Security +27 (0)72 231 4557.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved