Closed circuit TV is just that: closed. And while it has served well in security applications for years, today's environments require a more open video surveillance system based on standard networking protocols digital and IP.
As the market transitions to IP solutions, Elvey Security Technologies is providing customers a way to get from today's technology to tomorrow's - bridging the gap between the analog and digital worlds.
Video security industry - brave new world
* Installers and end-users are becoming IT literate.
* Networking technology improvements - VoIP, broadband, cable networks, switches, encryption - improve data transfer and bandwidth limitations.
* There are improved video compression technologies.
* IT system integrators are entering this segment drawing on their expertise in eSecurity, networking, data management and storage (ie, Cisco, IBM).
* Distributors and installers need to have the choice and ability to upgrade seamlessly from analog to IP.
New products from Elvey Security Technologies are just the beginning of a complete digital security solution.
Traditional VCR/Multiplexer combinations can be replaced with GE Security's new Digi-4, a low-cost, compact, four-channel digital video recorder. The Digi-4 brings all the benefits of digital security monitoring to the budget-conscious small business/home owner.
A user-friendly interface and more than one month of hard disk recording make the Digi-4 easy to use, install and maintain in a small-business environment. The elimination of tape management issues and VCR maintenance costs means that Digi-4 provides a fit-and-forget solution, with a simple search function for reviewing video. In addition, it includes security features such as external alarm inputs and motion detection that triggers an alarm when movement in a user-definable area of the image is detected.
The Digi-4 allows simultaneous viewing, recording, and playback of video images. Where video is required for evidence of an incident, it is simple to archive the video to an external device connected through the USB-2 port. Transferring up to 1 GB of video information is quick and easy and can be done in AVI format or the original MPEG-4 native format that can be viewed by any PC with Windows Media Player - no need to install special software on the user's PC.
The SCC-C6475P IP Smart Dome camera from Samsung Electronics is cable of superb observation and provides extremely sharp image quality. This product employs a WDR (wide dynamic range) function that can provide clear images even under backlight circumstances where intensity of illumination varies extensively. The SCC-C6475P supports various network protocol HTTP, FTP, SMTP, TCP, UDP, IP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, NTP, PPPoE, DDNS, RTP, RTSP.
Why convert from analog to digital?
* Analog requires dedicated, expensive cabling.
* Analog is only available to a single user.
* Digital allows unlimited remote monitoring (multicast and broadcast).
* Digital permits advanced image management and storage.
* Digital requires les expensive cable and installation.
* Digital systems can be accessed by multiple authorised users.
* Digital technology is easy to store and view.
* Take the 'closed circuit' out of CCTV.
* Can integrate with existing analog and DVR systems.
* Allow remote monitoring.
* Support broadcasting to multiple clients and devices.
Features and benefits of an IP system:
Flexibility in access of information:
* Viewing is from anywhere on the network.
Easy distribution of visual information:
* No physical transportation of tapes or images.
Integration and future proof functionality:
* Uses open standard.
* Digital technology is the future.
* Designed for plug and play in small, large and enterprise systems.
For more information contact Elvey Security Technologies, 011 401 6700, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tel:||+27 11 401 6700|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Elvey Security Technologies|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved