The Centurion A10 ensures that all the limitations encountered with traditional 220 V single phase operators have been turned upside down. By incorporating a custom designed frequency inverter coupled to a high torque 3-phase motor, the A10 is the complete solution for the majority of sliding gate installations.
The A10 is a fully speed-controlled operator designed to handle industrial gates weighing up to 2 tons. On gates up to 1000 kg the normal operating speed is a swift 16 m per minute. On lighter gates, thanks to the frequency inverter, this speed can be stepped-up from 16 m/min to 30 m/min. When fitted with an optional cooling fan the duty cycle of the operator is increased to almost 100%.
Power failure protection for the A10 is achieved by simply adding an innovative DC converter module with standby battery.
* Intelligent speed control - The frequency inverter allows the operator to smoothly accelerate the gate to full speed on start-up and provide a controlled ramp down at the end of the cycle. The A10 has an added intelligence by allowing the speed to be programmed independently between open and closing. The speed can be set to a rate of 30 m/min or 8 seconds for a 4 m gate. However, when the gate is closing and the risk of crushing greater, the speed can be programmed to the slower and safer rate of 16 m/min.
* High starting torque - the A10 inverter controlled three-phase motor provides improved starting and running torques making the unit ideal to overcome the high inertial loads of industrial gates and inherently more reliable.
* 2-ton capacity - the A10 operator will accommodate a wide spectrum of gate masses. The rugged diecast aluminium gearbox has been designed to handle industrial gates up to 2 tons in mass, making it suitable for the majority of installations.
* High volume endurance - a critical requirement of gate operators, used in commercial and industrial applications is the ability to be able to handle a high volume of openings and closings without overheating. The basic operator already delivers an adequate duty cycle of up to 50% but when fitted with an optional cooling fan it can work almost continuously.
* Unit operates off 220 V single-phase supply - a 3-phase motor is a very simple and inherently reliable electric motor and typically runs much cooler than an equivalent single-phase motor with a starting capacitor and provides better starting thrust. Thanks to the inverter controller, the A10 can utilise all the benefits of a 3-phase motor but be connected to a standard single-phase 220 V supply.
For more information contact Centurion Systems, 011 699 2400.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved