Physical security and electronic security systems are becoming increasingly inter-linked. While demand for electronic security systems is growing, in most cases these systems still require the presence, on-site or remotely, of security guards. Remote off-site monitoring is a system which facilitates the remote control of any CCTV or motion-activated system located on a customers site, in real-time by off-site controllers.
The service could encompass a variety of applications such as visual verification, live monitoring of and even the actual function of opening and closing of doors, CCTV patrolling of high-risk areas and voice-over facilities. This process is facilitated via wireless communication.
Once an alarm is activated, the digital images of the event causing the alarm are transmitted to a control centre, where skilled and trained operators respond with procedures pre-determined by customers, which include dispatching an armed response vehicle and the relevant emergency services.
Benefits of remote monitoring
* Pro-active control tool as opposed to a reactive response tool.
* Cost reduction by reducing manned security requirements.
* Enhances performance and reduces the risk of human vulnerability.
* Reduction in liability insurance.
* Prime management control tool.
* Crime deterrence by visual monitoring and voice-over warnings.
* Eliminating responding to false alarms by visual verification.
* Trend-tracking analysis capabilities.
The development of a state-of-the-art National Control Centre, has changed the way integrated security services are being delivered to G4S customers across the country. Located at the South African head office in Hatfield, Pretoria, the NCC specialises in event-driven, remote off-site monitoring (ROM). Current capabilities include:
* Alarm monitoring and response.
* Vehicle tracking and fleet management.
* CCTV monitoring.
* Remote off-site monitoring (patrols, alarms, verification).
* Guard tracking in real-time.
For more information contact G4S Secure Solutions, Daphne.DuPreez@za.g4s.com
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved