Banks are facing immense challenges to secure cash in their auto tellers. Secutel Technologies has developed a system called VV Compact for ATM, designed specifically for ATMs. According to Secutel, the solution, which is designed and manufactured in South Africa, proved itself in the field of intrusion detection.
An alarm trigger is created from the PIR detectors linked to purpose-built cameras which are activated when the sensor is triggered. The camera takes multiple snapshots (photos), which are sent via a communication network such as a secure GSM APN or broadband to the monitoring control room for the purpose of determining if the activation is genuine or false. This empowers the control room operators to make better decisions around alarms and responses.
The main benefits are:
• The basic objective of visual verification of a potential intrusion is to verify whether there is an intrusion or not.
• Real-time encrypted transmission of alarm triggers and snapshots over secure network.
• Highly effective monitoring as control room operators deal with exceptions only.
• Cost-effective way of being able to view the inside of the bank or ATM cubicle.
• High-quality colour snapshots regardless of light.
• Designed to cater for African conditions – low bandwidth usage and power volatility.
• Instant remote visibility of site without latency.
• Custodian behaviour management and monitoring.
• Access control with automated reporting on door open, closed and locked status.
The VV Compact for ATM uses cameras with a built-in flash. When triggered it takes snapshots of high quality that are immediately delivered in full colour. Snapshots are compressed and encrypted for quick and secure transmission. The system can be remotely configured and tested to ensure 24/7 complete monitoring.
Other unique features are:
• Tamper detection.
• Cell jamming detection.
• Auto arming and disarming of sites.
• IP communications over Ethernet with backup dual SIMs with auto failover and selection of best available signal.
• System health monitoring and reporting with automated ticket management.
• Battery backup for up to 72 hours.
|Tel:||+27 10 015 1401|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Secutel Technologies|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved