The ever-changing dynamics of risk management in logistics
June 2018, Conferences & Events
The South African chapter of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is hosting its annual conference in July in Johannesburg. The event will be held at Emperor’s Palace on 27 July 2018.
The 2018 conference will be preceded by four days of training in TAPA standards by registered coaches. Training for the FSR (Facility Security Requirements) standard will be held on the 23rd and 24th of July 2018, while the TSR (Trucking Security Requirements) training will be held on the 25th and 26th July 2018.
Trainees can register on the following link: https://www.tapaemea.org/industry-standards/training-and-schedule/schedule.html in order to secure their places as there will only be 25 seats per course. Simply scroll down the website to Johannesburg Training and select which course (FSR or TSR, or both) you want to attend and then click Register.
The TAPA 2018 conference will address a host of issues relevant to the security of the transport and logistics industries with presentations from high-level speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. This year’s highlights include:
- A keynote by Stefan van Rooyen on the value of systems to ensure business success and continuation.
- Laurence Brown, a director TAPA EMEA will be explaining what and who TAPA is and how it delivers benefit to members and the industry as a whole.
- Arnold van den Bout from Online Intelligence will address the value of an intelligence-driven risk management approach.
- Anneliese Burgess, author of Heist! will be speaking about the intelligence gathered by research done into the epidemic of cash-in-transit heists. Why is this such a successful target?
- Paul Linders, TAPA board member and standards lead will return to South Africa to talk about recent developments in TAPA and the benefit of being TAPA certified.
- Andre du Venage from Secure Logistics will present a case study on truck hijacking; the methodology used by organised gangs and the awareness freight forwarders/ transporters need to mitigate the risks.
This year’s event is sponsored by Bridgewater Logistics, SmartLock, Pulsit Electronics, and Integrity Control Systems. For more information or to book your place, go to www.securitysa.com/tapa2018, or contact Dominique at +27 11 543 5804 or firstname.lastname@example.org