The ever-changing dynamics of risk management in logistics
June 2018, Conferences & Events
The South African chapter of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is hosting its annual conference in July in Johannesburg. The event will be held at Emperor’s Palace on 27 July 2018.
The 2018 conference will be preceded by four days of training in TAPA standards by registered coaches. Training for the FSR (Facility Security Requirements) standard will be held on the 23rd and 24th of July 2018, while the TSR (Trucking Security Requirements) training will be held on the 25th and 26th July 2018.
Trainees can register on the following link: https://www.tapaemea.org/industry-standards/training-and-schedule/schedule.html in order to secure their places as there will only be 25 seats per course. Simply scroll down the website to Johannesburg Training and select which course (FSR or TSR, or both) you want to attend and then click Register.
The TAPA 2018 conference will address a host of issues relevant to the security of the transport and logistics industries with presentations from high-level speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. This year’s highlights include:
- A keynote by Stefan van Rooyen on the value of systems to ensure business success and continuation.
- Laurence Brown, a director TAPA EMEA will be explaining what and who TAPA is and how it delivers benefit to members and the industry as a whole.
- Arnold van den Bout from Online Intelligence will address the value of an intelligence-driven risk management approach.
- Anneliese Burgess, author of Heist! will be speaking about the intelligence gathered by research done into the epidemic of cash-in-transit heists. Why is this such a successful target?
- Paul Linders, TAPA board member and standards lead will return to South Africa to talk about recent developments in TAPA and the benefit of being TAPA certified.
- Andre du Venage from Secure Logistics will present a case study on truck hijacking; the methodology used by organised gangs and the awareness freight forwarders/ transporters need to mitigate the risks.
This year’s event is sponsored by Bridgewater Logistics, SmartLock, Pulsit Electronics, and Integrity Control Systems. For more information or to book your place, go to www.securitysa.com/tapa2018, or contact Dominique at +27 11 543 5804 or email@example.com
- Does your machine deep learn to artificially talk NLP in a Bayesian structured neural pattern?
September 2018, Technews Publishing, News
So there! Now your very own Hi-Tech Security Solutions magazine is also equipped with the latest deep learning and artificial intelligence capabilities. Using the latest in cognitive neuroscientific algorithms, ...
- The ever-changing dynamics of risk management
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Security Services & Risk Management, Transport (Industry), Conferences & Events, Associations, Training & Education
Hi-Tech Security Solutions was at the TAPA South Africa 2018 conference once again. This is a short summary of the presentations delivered on the day.
- TAPA 2018 sponsors
September 2018, Technews Publishing, Transport (Industry), Associations
There were six companies sponsoring the TAPA conference in July this year. During the conference they all had a few minutes to talk about what they do to enhance security in the logistics business.
- Securing cargo for export
September 2018, Technews Publishing, Transport (Industry), Security Services & Risk Management
Hi-Tech Security Solutions discusses the air cargo handling process and what is done to ensure goods are secure and don’t pose a danger.
- Making the right security decisions
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Integrated Solutions, Conferences & Events, Training & Education
The Residential Estate Security Conference 2018 took place in Johannesburg in August, covering a range of topics pertinent to the estate market.
- The most important features of a management platform
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Cyber Security, Integrated Solutions
Hi-Tech Security Solutions asks the industry for the top three features you should be looking for in a security management platform.
- Integrated anything
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Integrated Solutions, Security Services & Risk Management
Babylon is designed to manage access automation systems; however, its utility goes beyond management to include automation and customisation capabilities across technology verticals.
- The human factor in control rooms
September 2018, Technews Publishing, Security Services & Risk Management
What kind of person does it take to watch multiple video screens and make quick and responsible decisions when an incident occurs?
- Stallion hosts technology day
September 2018, Technews Publishing, News, Conferences & Events, Training & Education
Stallion Security hosted its second annual technology day at the Da Vinci Hotel in Sandton to give its clients insight into some of the latest and greatest products and solutions available in the security market.
- Paxton free security integration workshop
September 2018, Paxton Access, News, Conferences & Events, Training & Education
Paxton has invited its local partners to a free security integration workshop in October.
- Network provisioning for surveillance
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, IT infrastructure
While high-speed data networks make it easier than ever to transmit video feeds, bandwidth requirements can far exceed what would be expected of a typical office IT network.
- Habitual awareness
August 2018, Technews Publishing, News
Habits are very good things that allow us to carry out the many repetitive tasks we do every day. Our brains automatically form habits to make these repetitive tasks easier and allow us to do them ‘without ...