The ever-changing dynamics of risk management in logistics
June 2018, Conferences & Events
The South African chapter of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is hosting its annual conference in July in Johannesburg. The event will be held at Emperor’s Palace on 27 July 2018.
The 2018 conference will be preceded by four days of training in TAPA standards by registered coaches. Training for the FSR (Facility Security Requirements) standard will be held on the 23rd and 24th of July 2018, while the TSR (Trucking Security Requirements) training will be held on the 25th and 26th July 2018.
Trainees can register on the following link: https://www.tapaemea.org/industry-standards/training-and-schedule/schedule.html in order to secure their places as there will only be 25 seats per course. Simply scroll down the website to Johannesburg Training and select which course (FSR or TSR, or both) you want to attend and then click Register.
The TAPA 2018 conference will address a host of issues relevant to the security of the transport and logistics industries with presentations from high-level speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. This year’s highlights include:
- A keynote by Stefan van Rooyen on the value of systems to ensure business success and continuation.
- Laurence Brown, a director TAPA EMEA will be explaining what and who TAPA is and how it delivers benefit to members and the industry as a whole.
- Arnold van den Bout from Online Intelligence will address the value of an intelligence-driven risk management approach.
- Anneliese Burgess, author of Heist! will be speaking about the intelligence gathered by research done into the epidemic of cash-in-transit heists. Why is this such a successful target?
- Paul Linders, TAPA board member and standards lead will return to South Africa to talk about recent developments in TAPA and the benefit of being TAPA certified.
- Andre du Venage from Secure Logistics will present a case study on truck hijacking; the methodology used by organised gangs and the awareness freight forwarders/ transporters need to mitigate the risks.
This year’s event is sponsored by Bridgewater Logistics, SmartLock, Pulsit Electronics, and Integrity Control Systems. For more information or to book your place, go to www.securitysa.com/tapa2018, or contact Dominique at +27 11 543 5804 or email@example.com
- Too safe to escape
July 2018, Technews Publishing, News
A recent story I was told highlights how we still take security for granted in our daily lives. Most people try to ensure that their houses, townhouses and apartments have some form of security in place ...
- TAPA 2018 conference
July 2018, Technews Publishing, TAPA (Transported Asset Protection Association), Calendar of Events
TAPA 2018 conference 27 July, 2018
Emperors Palace, Gauteng
The ever-changing dynamics of risk management.
TAPA members no charge.
Non members – R1620 excl VAT per person
The South African chapter ...
- Residential Estate Security Conference
July 2018, Technews Publishing, Calendar of Events
Residential Estate Security Conference 14 August, 2018
Indaba Hotel, Fourways, Johannesburg
Following sold-out events in Durban in March 2018, Hi-Tech Security Solutions, in cooperation with Rob Anderson, ...
- Where safety, security and Industry 4.0 meet
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Integrated Solutions, Industrial (Industry)
Integrated security offers more than simply a means to keep unwanted people out of industrial settings, its benefits extend to supporting and enhancing daily operations.
- Protecting the machines
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Cyber Security, Integrated Solutions, Industrial (Industry)
Security operations at industrial sites need to include cybersecurity and it needs to be treated with the same importance as the physical security of the site as well as health and safety standards.
- Securex 2018 pulls the (right) crowds
July 2018, Technews Publishing, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Cyber Security, Integrated Solutions
With over 6000 visitors attending and exhibitors expressing their satisfaction with not only the number, but also the calibre of the visitors, this year’s Securex was a winner.
- Advances in NVR and VMS capabilities
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, IT infrastructure, Products
Hi-Tech Security Solutions looks at what the latest trends are in the NVR and VMS worlds, along with some of the latest products.
- SLAs - Read the fine print
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Security Services & Risk Management
By insisting on an appropriate maintenance contract, security technology can be used to the full extent of its possible life.
- Securing your digital assets
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Cyber Security, IT infrastructure
Cyberattacks can’t be prevented, but companies and individuals have ways to keep the attackers out. However, the coming year will see more attacks and more losses because of poor cyber planning.
- The generations that matter
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, Cyber Security, Security Services & Risk Management
According to Doros Hadjizenonos, country manager, SADC at Check Point, we have entered the fifth generation of cyberattacks.
- Online platform for targeted staff recruitment
July 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, News, Training & Education
Hi-Tech Security Solutions launches online platform for targeted staff recruitment.
- Ignite Expo 2018
July 2018, News, Conferences & Events
Ignite Expo 2018 showcases Hudaco’s ability to provide a fully integrated security & ICT solution.