Discrete presence and guarding assistance
April 2018, Access Control & Identity Management, Products
Alut is an organisation that seeks to ensure the well-being, rehabilitation, economic status and future of people with autism in Israel by offering a wide variety of programmes. In an attempt to offer its ‘Home for Life’ programme to residents, a lifestyle as similar as possible to that which is experienced by normative society within a thriving residential area, Alut searched for a discrete system of ensuring residents’ locations and staff members’ performance.
The organisation struggled to find a single technological solution to unify and realise these goals. In partnering with Rosslare, Alut was able to implement an inconspicuous room checking process that increased staff performance and made guard patrol duties more convenient and cost-effective. Rosslare’s quick-to-install DigiTool system of tags and readers successfully met the non-profit organisation’s needs and enabled Alut to enjoy top guard patrol capabilities without infringing on anyone’s personal space.
• A large residential compound with many residents in need of hourly bed checks at night.
• A need to ensure staff conduct and performance was appropriate and up to standard.
• Inefficient rounds procedures.
• A lack of updated guard patrol technology.
• A lack of manpower.
• High overhead costs.
• Alut was able to purchase an off-the-shelf security solution, customised to its particular needs.
• The single package format enabled Alut to save money on the security solution, include more security tools and have funds left over to direct towards other expenses.
• Rosslare installed unique and discrete tags to be used with a DigiTool reader for a simple, efficient and remote-operated guard patrol solution.
• Alut was able to monitor its residents’ whereabouts remotely, without infringing on personal space and privacy concerns.
• Staff members’ performance increased.
• Security rounds became more convenient and less physically taxing.
• Residents not in their assigned rooms during bed checks could be located with greater speed and ease.
For more information, go to www.rosslaresecurity.com
- Local is illuminated
April 2018, GIS-SA, This Week's Editor's Pick, Products
Local surveillance lighting company, Green Illumination Systems (GIS) has launched the latest in its line of locally designed and manufactured lighting products.
- Personalised service through facial recognition
April 2018, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Singapore bank delivers a personalised welcome with NeoFace facial recognition solution.
- Securing Venice of the Far East
April 2018, Bosch Security and Safety Systems, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
New meets old in Suzhou: Bosch provides state-of-the-art security to ultra-modern, multi-use complex in China.
- Video analytics’ performance boost
April 2018, Hikvision South Africa, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Integrated Solutions
Hikvision has followed its launch of its Deep Learning NVRs with a new series of IP cameras, the new DeepinView IP series.
- New version of Security Center
April 2018, Genetec, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Products
Security Center 5.7 adds new cybersecurity, privacy, access control, and smart-data analytics features.
- Manage your devices centrally
April 2018, Axis Communications SA, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Cyber Security, Products
Axis launches new software for easy on-site device management and proactive cybersecurity control.
- Power over Coax
April 2018, Zhejiang Dahua Technology, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Products
Dahua has simplified the installation of HDCVI surveillance systems with its Power over Coax (PoC) technology, which transmits video, audio, control signals and electrical power over one single coaxial cable.
- Redeployable CCTV in South Africa
April 2018, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Products
There are multitudes of benefits to implementing a redeployable CCTV programme. With reduced set-up costs and ease of installation through to scalability and future-proofing.
- A decade of providing advanced access control solutions to the trade
April 2018, Powell Tronics, Access Control & Identity Management
Powell Tronics, a local and national value added distributor, is celebrating 10 years of dedicated solutions, support and service to its well-established customer base.
- EU GDPR biometric compliance systems
April 2018, This Week's Editor's Pick, Access Control & Identity Management, Integrated Solutions
EU GDPR considers biometric data, when used for ID purposes, as a special category data that is more sensitive, requiring special protection.
- Unlocking the potential of smart locks and key management
April 2018, Salto Systems Africa, This Week's Editor's Pick, Access Control & Identity Management, Asset Management, EAS, RFID
Whether through simple mechanical keys and locks, or their modern, ‘smart’ electronic cousins, access must be restricted, controlled and recorded to ensure the safety and security.
- Fun, games and security
April 2018, Entertainment and Hospitality (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, IT infrastructure
There’s a fine balance between allowing large numbers of people into venues in a smooth and hassle-free way, without compromising security