WestconGroup Southern Africa is now offering the next generation of Net2 Entry systems by vendor partner Paxton. The enhanced solutions allow WestconGroup installers and integrators to deploy more effective security standards, policies and procedures through physical security solutions designed to bolster current cyber security designs. Paxton’s line of access control systems is the latest addition to the Westcon Security Solutions practice, which arms solution providers with the training, education and technologies to succeed in today’s fast-evolving business marketplace.
Paxton, a UK market leader in electronic IP access control and door entry equipment, launched two new panels and released an update for the Net2 Entry system that will enable enhanced door entry functionality for versatile security and building management. The new Net2 Entry panels will replace Paxton’s current offering. The latest versions feature MIFARE technology, an innovative and intuitive panel interface and pan/tilt camera functionality for the ultimate security solution.
“As the lines between cyber security and physical security continue to blur, solution providers look to Westcon for insight that can ideally position them as trusted business advisors with their customer base,” said Andrew Potgieter, security solutions director at WestconGroup Southern Africa. “Paxton’s Net2 Entry system has various new features, including a versatile grouping feature that enables smarter management of multi-tenant buildings and gated perimeter sites. Additionally, it has improved SIP compatibility allowing more sites to enjoy the flexibility of answering their door remotely, from a SIP-enabled smart device or handset, giving users security and freedom.”
Advanced features of Net2
The new Net2 Entry panels are available in two variations, standard and vandal resistant. The slim-line standard panel has a high-contrast backlit keypad that will complement a sleek and stylish office space. The vandal-resistant panel is perfect for industrial or mining environments as is made from corrosion resistant 316L marine-grade stainless steel with an impact resistance rating of IK10 to withstand even the harshest environment. Key features include:
• Three components that plug together.
• Units that auto-detect for easy plug-and-play installation.
• System that expands using industry standard Ethernet switches.
• Built-in Net2 access control.
• Multi-format proximity reader that reads Paxton and MIFARE token technology.
• SIP-compatibility, so door can be answered from smartphone, tablet or PC.
• Grouping feature that enables smarter management of multi-tenant buildings.
• Pan/tilt camera functionality that captures angled view for a diverse range of locations.
• Intuitive user interface for secondary ONVIF-compliant camera integration.
• Intruder alarm integration for ultimate convenience.
• Video voicemail.
• Easy scalability to 100 door panels, 1 000 monitors and 50 000 users.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved