Fujitsu now offers business customers of all sizes a fail-proof, global cloud-based backup and recovery service, with the immediate availability of Fujitsu Backup as a Service (BaaS). Incorporating EVault technology, Fujitsu BaaS is agile, scalable, simple to use and with end-to-end security it provides safe storage for sensitive business data. This offering is a key component in the company’s end-to-end cloud portfolio, which is designed to provide businesses with the choice they need to modernise IT structures and innovate new types of services.
Organisations today need to navigate changing and complex data backup and recovery requirements, and so they are looking for solutions that provide flexibility on data location and storage. Fujitsu BaaS combines technology from Fujitsu and EVault to offer new levels of choice for companies seeking reliable backup that supports the changing regulatory requirement landscape as well as multiple traditional and cloud platforms.
Fujitsu Backup as a Service enables organisations to deploy hybrid cloud backup strategies, that manage both cloud-based and traditional on-premise data and, which also meet the compliance and protection requirements they face. Customers can now store and retrieve their data from servers, databases and whole systems, and store it to a defined Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 data centre. In the near future they also will have the flexibility to store their data at additional locations, for example onsite in their own data centre and the possibility to create backups from their client devices.
The service is available on demand via a self-service portal or as a managed service and will be delivered from Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5. Fujitsu BaaS gives customers control to monitor and manage backups, store and optimise backup data and enable rapid and effective recovery. Taking advantage of EVault’s market-leading backup and recovery technology Fujitsu BaaS can help:
* Reduce costs based on a monthly subscription with no minimum commitment to ensure that customers pay according to their usage and actual growth.
* Secure data – with the highest levels of protection – including military-grade encryption for all data, both in transit and at rest.
* Reduce backup times – by taking advantage of advanced WAN-optimisation backup technology to ensure the most efficient use of bandwidth.
* Optimise storage footprint – the entire dataset is captured on the first backup, with only changed blocks captured on subsequent backups.
* Reduce management complexity – with an intuitive self-service portal that makes it easy to configure backup schedules, select retention periods, view job progress and alerts – and perform restores.
* Gain greater flexibility – by taking advantage of a monthly subscription service that can be scaled as data grows, reducing capital expenditure and total cost of ownership.
For more information, http://www.fujitsu.com/fts/cloud/solutions/global-cloud-platform/baas
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved