Increased security concerns, protection from criminals, and terrorism have created massive video surveillance infrastructures, increasing the demand for video storage. Major cities throughout the world are mounting video surveillance cameras to watch over streets, subways, mass transit, parks, and other public places. These new intelligent video surveillance cameras are capturing more evidence than ever, causing an increase in bandwidth requirements, write speeds, and storage size. The volume and size of media content are greatly expanding as resolution and retention requirements increase.
As a result, governments, retail enterprises, and other public entities are faced with serious challenges with respect to media storage. Traditional storage architectures are not designed for massive amounts of big video content.
Purchasing standalone solutions has become inefficient and costly. The NetApp Video Storage solution, combined with video management software meets the new security surveillance challenges of data retrieval, retention, and capture.
NetApp Video Storage provides a line of external storage systems designed to meet today’s security challenges by delivering capacity, speed, and durability. The E-Series storage system uses a modular architecture that offers a pay-as-you-grow solution to address video data storage requirements. intelligent video security applications combined with E-Series storage handle the heavy computational workloads and bandwidth sensitive streaming environments of video surveillance infrastructures. With them you get:
* Consistent high-performance bandwidth for media-intensive video streaming environments,
* Performance-tuned solutions that deliver high-availability access for media content needs,
* Superior performance to/from NVR for greater camera support and reduced NVR instances, and
* The capability to optimise your investment in video cameras and networks and maintain productivity with high-availability storage.
IP video security management leaders such as Milestone, Genetec, and OnSSI have teamed with NetApp to offer increased file system optimisation for large datasets. With NetApp E-Series storage, users get high-performance access to video content, including HD resolutions, and support for digital and analogue video surveillance installations.
* Read throughput. Each E5460 and E2660 system is capable of 4,4 GB/ sec reads and 2,4 GB/sec writes.
* Write throughput. Get up to 50 GB/ sec reads and up to 30 GB/sec writes per single 40U rack.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.