Founded in 2003, BSI Integrated Systems has been at the forefront of creating cutting-edge software applications for automotive aftersales and parts departments that maximise profits, increase customer satisfaction and improve employee productivity. BSI is unique in bringing biometrics into the automobile industry to create paperless, streamlined and secure solutions.
Before the introduction of the BSI-Auto Paperless Time and Attendance and Document Management System, mechanics and administrators would have to engage in tedious and lengthy manual processes when checking out car parts, reporting for duty and many more of their everyday functions. Fraud within the industry was also an issue and involved, for example, employees signing documentation on behalf of one another.
BSI-Auto was developed as an all-in-one, paperless biometric system that streamlines documentation management, time and attendance and anti-fraud measures. Suprema’s BioMini Plus2 was integrated into the solution to provide secure fingerprint biometrics. Each employee’s profile (including their name, position, etc.) is linked to their fingerprint, meaning they can sign documents, clock in for duty and check out car parts with a scan of their finger. Having their fingerprint linked to their profile also reduces any buddy-clocking that may occur with a non-biometric system.
The solution is comprised of:
• Paperless Workshop – a truly paperless, end to-end electronic workshop process management application that is OEM warranty audit compliant.
• Integrator Plugin – Connect all or any systems into one user front-end. A BSI developed plugin application that can read and write to any system from BSI.
• Online – Connect everyone into one system, anytime, anywhere. A portal for customer, dealership and OEM to connect to BSI.
• API – Connect BSI to multiple DMS. A seamless connection.
• The automating and speeding up of tedious, lengthy manual processes.
• Decreased instances of fraud.
• Finding information faster.
• No need for password keeping.
• Capturing data automatically.
• Proof of compliance.
Suprema’s BioMini Plus2 fingerprint scanner
Combined with ergonomic design, high-speed USB 2.0 interface and a comprehensive SDK solution, BioMini Plus2 offers security, image quality and mobility by featuring:
• FBI PIV/Mobile ID and STQC certification.
• Multi Dynamic Range (MDR) technology.
• Live Fingerprint Detection (LFD) technology.
• Mobile authentication with Android support.
Location: South Africa (with plans to expand the solution to Europe in 2021)
Year of completion: 2019 – to-date
• Time and attendance
• Anti-fraud application
• Paperless document management
Software solution: BSI-Auto
• Suprema BioMini Plus 2 USB fingerprint scanner
• BioMini Plus 2 SDK
Biometric technology: Fingerprint
Project size: 200 car dealerships across South Africa with monthly expansion
|Tel:||+27 11 784 3952|
|Fax:||086 552 0819|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Suprema|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.