Cisco is helping its customers and partners to reimagine the way the workforce and workplace operates, with security innovations across the portfolio designed to offer greater agility, simplicity, and resiliency by addressing today’s and tomorrow’s ever-changing security challenges. At its Partner Summit, Cisco Security announced a number of platform innovations across the breadth of the portfolio, including enhanced capabilities in Extended Detection and Response (XDR); Zero Trust; and Secure Access Services Edge (SASE).
“Looking forward, organisations will need to build a more resilient business where they can continue to thrive in the face of uncertainty,” said Gee Rittenhouse, senior vice president and general manager of Cisco’s Security Business Group. “As we move to the next normal, we see an acceleration in new ways of working that require organisations to evolve their cybersecurity approach so people can securely connect from anywhere, anytime, and on any device.
“Cisco SecureX is built on an integrated portfolio that spans network, endpoint, cloud and applications, enabling customers and partners to protect how they work today and in new ways in the future.”
Customers and partners who adopted a platform approach to managing security are seeing measurable outcomes that offer the simplicity and efficiency needed to stay one step ahead of attackers and deliver enhanced business resilience. Cisco SecureX has been globally available since the end of June and is delivering on its core capabilities and measurable security outcomes to more than 4000 organisations to date. Customers have validated that:
• The platform provided a 95 percent reduction in time to detect threats, with an 85 percent reduction in time to remedy.
• More than half of customers reported saving up to six hours per week on incident response – totalling more than two full weeks saved per year on operations-focused responsibilities.
• 82 percent of customers emphasised the importance of the platform’s ability to connect to third-party security tools for comprehensive investigations.
To continue on its promise of offering the most trusted and secure solutions to customers and partners, Cisco Security is introducing platform innovations across the breadth of the portfolio, including:
Extended Detection and Response (XDR): SecureX delivers XDR capabilities and beyond, by providing sample workflows to help customers address common use cases, expanded SecureX ribbon capabilities, and analytics capabilities for enhanced insights.
Zero Trust for the Workforce: Duo, a foundational pillar of Cisco’s Zero Trust solution, now automatically detects suspicious logins with machine learning and alerts security operations via API integrations with platforms such as SecureX.
Secure Access Services Edge (SASE): Cisco SASE architecture connects customers’ networking and IT environment with multifunction cloud security that is simple to deploy and manage. It provides seamless integrations with Cisco SD-WAN to protect branch offices and Secure VPN (formerly AnyConnect) to protect remote workers, without the need to add another agent. It also integrates with SecureX for better visibility and faster response actions.
• Cisco Security announced innovations to drive simplicity across the breadth of the portfolio, including XDR, Zero Trust and SASE.
• Since its global availability in June, the Cisco SecureX cloud-native security platform, which is adding more than 1000 customers per month, is delivering results for customers, including 95 percent reduction in time to detect threats and 85 percent reduction in remediation time.
• Partners can also deliver new ways for customers to advance their security maturity with Cisco Secure solutions and spread the cost over time.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved