First Distribution (FD) has signed an agreement to distribute the entire Video Storage Solutions (VSS) product line of video surveillance appliances.
VSS is part of BCD International, a global video data infrastructure manufacturer, and supplies pre-engineered video appliances through authorised security distributors. All VSS appliances are validated to withstand the taxing video data write load and demands of video storage. While VSS is a relatively new name in the security industry, it brings with it more than 40 years of computer industry experience, with the last decade focused solely on the video surveillance infrastructure marketplace.
The diverse Video Storage Solutions portfolio includes a range of video recording and storage appliances, video management appliances, client viewing stations, GPU-optimised appliances for video analytics, mobile and harsh environment servers, as well as Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise switches and accessories. Video Storage Solutions hardware supports solutions from the world’s top video management software companies.
“Bringing the most robust hardware portfolio to the video surveillance market in Africa is just a part of the story,” stated Georgi Pandev, global director of business development for VSS. “The new strategic partnership between VSS and FD will be a game changer for the community of system integrators in the region. Our strong value proposition and the commitment to post-sales support, plus the local reach and the experience of FD across the continent, will make it easier and risk-free to implement recording, viewing or storage hardware infrastructure for video surveillance of any scale.”
“The VSS engineering team certifies the bandwidth capabilities of each appliance ordered through First Distribution,” said David Simpson, general manager for Digital Security and IoT at First Distribution. “System integrators can rest assured knowing that they will be installing an effective video recording and storage solution with guaranteed performance, provided bandwidth requirements do not exceed the appliance’s specification. VSS appliances also come with a three- or five-year on-site, next business day ‘Keep Your Hard Drive’ warranty, to not only lower total cost of ownership, but also help businesses comply with strict data privacy regulations and GDPR rules.”
Among the benefits that VSS can deliver include:
• VSS provides verified solutions that come with a performance guarantee.
• All VSS appliances are built, supported and sold by certified engineers.
• All VSS appliances undergo a rigorous quality assurance process before they are shipped to customers.
• VSS appliances significantly lower users’ total cost of ownership.
• VSS provides in-house, lifetime, remote support so users don’t have to deal with call centres.
• VSS’ newly revamped product portfolio includes specialised GPU- and CPU-optimised hardware that is very difficult to replicate. (Analytic software vendors require this special hardware to support common AI, DL, and ML libraries).
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved