IP video solution installed at Oulton Park racetrack to enhance site operations.
Tyco Security Products has announced that American Dynamics video products, including the new victor unified video solution have been installed at Oulton Park racetrack, UK. Tyco Security Products partners, Total Security Protection and WOT Security Group installed the video solution.
Oulton Park is one of the UK’s leading motorsport circuits and is owned and operated by MotorSport Vision (MSV). To enhance operations at the venue, Oulton Park required a flexible, highly resilient video solution that could enhance operations in the racetrack control room.
“Tyco is delighted to have been awarded the contract to supply Oulton Park with a leading video solution,” said Phil Dashey, VP and GM EMEA, Tyco Security Products. “American Dynamics video products have been installed throughout Oulton Park to increase the visibility of the race in the control tower, as well as to monitor the safety of racers. The project marks the first installation in the UK of the new American Dynamics victor unified video solution.”
victor is a unified interface that will enable Oulton Park to view, manage and control American Dynamics NVRs and associated fixed and PTZ (pan tilt zoom) IP cameras. Footage and alarms from both fixed Illustra 400 IP cameras and IP SpeedDome PTZ cameras, will be centrally managed all from one intuitive software client. The victor client’s flexibility lets Oulton Park create customisable layouts that exactly match the tasks performed each day. Without victor, Oulton Park control room would have endless plasmas for each monitored camera, which would create space problems and operational inefficiencies.
The American Dynamics Illustra range of IP cameras has one of the most powerful sensor-processor combinations available on the market. With outdoor vandal resistant cameras installed throughout the track, operational enhancements include:
* Control tower has enhanced visibility of the race so that in the event of accidents response times can be improved.
* Extra visibility in control tower will aid race marshals in raising alert FLAGS during the competition. Improved visibility will therefore increase track safety and reduce racing delays.
* American Dynamics ControlCenter 1100 keyboard has been installed which offers advanced control and programming of cameras in the control tower. Featuring a three-axis joystick, system operators are provided with a precise one-handed control of camera pan/tilt/zoom functions.
* Cameras installed will protect against theft of motor vehicles that are parked at the Oulton Park race track at night.
* Video clips can be reported on and exported for future analysis after races.
Simon Bonser, Oulton Park circuit manager, added: “We are delighted to have a brand new, state-of-the-art CCTV system now operational at Oulton Park. It is a great asset that allows both MSV and the race clubs that hire our venue the ability to manage the circuit with even more efficiency, and with optimum safety. We have been really impressed by Tyco Security Products’ solutions and they have delivered an outstanding service, successfully completing the work on schedule and in time for our first race meeting of the year.”
|Articles:||More information and articles about Tyco Security Products - Johnson Controls|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.