Urban surveillance presents a security challenge in its very scope. To guard a city against multiple threats, take on policing and citizen assistance roles, and be significantly fail-safe requires technology and system architecture that is proven in multiple locations worldwide.
The ISS urban surveillance strategy is centred on the SecurOS platform. ISS urban surveillance incorporates a myriad of intelligent technologies that work independently and in conjunction to envelop a city within a 'safety blanket'. The city of Recife is the fifth largest metropolitan area in Brazil and the capital of Pernambuco.
The city chose a comprehensive security solution using Pelco cameras with Axis encoders, all managed and integrated into an ISS SecurOS video server framework. The system allows for rapid event management, definition of scenarios, and easily additive of new functionalities and threat management capabilities.
Market: Urban surveillance
Region: Recife, Brazil
50 Pelco Spectra 3 PTZ cameras.
50 Axis encoders.
* Wireless IP camera infrastructure reduces capital costs.
* Centralised management of security operations.
* Interoperability of multiple systems into one unified framework managed by ISS.
* SecurOS video server framework.
* Highly extensible and additive system for future upgradability with limited capital cost and deployment time.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved