ADI Global Distribution is introducing the Honeywell Fusion IV DVR series of hybrid DVRs.
Honeywell’s Fusion family of DVRs has been the industry leader in technology, innovation and performance for the past several years. The all new Fusion IV hybrid DVR is no exception. With its innovative, user-selectable, multiple compression types that can be applied on a per camera basis and improved megapixel camera support, it writes a new chapter in the customisation and fine tuning of the video recording and transmission.
Customers often have unique requirements for the different segments of their security system. Fusion IV DVR with its adaptation capability is the answer to this requirement. The new functionality available in Fusion will enable dealers and integrators to standardise on a single platform that has the power to address the needs of traditional and state-of-the-art applications. To address system design resource requirements offered by the enhanced capabilities of Fusion a powerful estimator tool has been developed to simplify bandwidth and storage requirement calculations for the system designer incorporating IP cameras in the system design.
Therefore, the Fusion IV release offers an end-to-end system approach and great support to our customers by addressing the complete scope of work necessary to deliver a successful IP system solution to the end user.
Enhancements to IP-based digital video sources have made the technology a desirable alternative to the traditional analogue camera for some applications. Many real world video surveillance applications now require both types of video sources to create a comprehensive cost effective system. Applications include educational, municipal and corporate campus environments, large retail with IDM integration and hotels or resorts.
The Fusion IV DVR allows users to fully utilise the advancements of IP camera technology. With the improved IP functionality (up to 32 channels IP or mix of IP/analogue) provided in Fusion IV, users are now able to increase the amount of IP channels to an additional 16 IP cameras beyond the capabilities of Fusion III. When a hybrid digital recording solution is required, the answer is the Fusion IV DVR.
With the expansion of IP channel capabilities the optional upgrade is available that can increase the capabilities of a 16-channel Fusion DVR to support an additional 16 IP cameras (total of 32 cameras – 16 mixed analogue and IP plus an additional 16 IP (only) cameras).
The Fusion IV DVR is a full-featured hybrid digital recording system with the following capabilities beyond the Fusion III DVR:
* Record, search and transmit up to 32 channels of analogue video or IP video sources. Choice of H.264 and MPEG-4 compression in addition to Fusion Differential JPEG.
* Improved support for the Honeywell EQUIP camera line.
* Simultaneous operation of up to four video analytics channels or six licence plate recognition (LPR) channels (currently LPR is for sale only in the EMEA markets).
* Support for 2 TB hard drives allowing total capacity of up to 8 TB internal capacity.
* DVI-D port for connection to a Spot monitor (HDMI compatible) including analogue and IP cameras.
* Support for Windows Mobile 6 for remote access from PDAs.
* New estimator tool to assist in analogue and IP camera system loading, bandwidth and storage estimation.
* Megapixel support. Version 4.0 provides improved operation for multimegapixel camera operation. For example an HCX5D (5 megapixel, progressive scan) connected to a Fusion DVR supports zoom functionality for playback when connected to FVRS remote software and FVMS multisite software. Further, FVMS also supports zoom in live view. Clarity of zoomed video recorded from the HCX megapixel cameras is far superior to viewing zoomed video recorded by analogue cameras. This enables Fusion IV to support applications requiring high resolution megapixel cameras such as port security surveillance.
|Tel:||+27 11 574 2500|
|Fax:||+27 11 574 2539|
|Articles:||More information and articles about ADI Global Distribution|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved