High performance functionality benefits large-scale video surveillance projects.
Milestone Systems has released version 4.0 of XProtect Corporate, claiming an infinitely scalable federated architecture, extended user rights, bookmarking, multistage video grooming and edge storage support that expands the capabilities for reliable management of large-scale security system operations.
XProtect Corporate is the top-of-the-line offering in the Milestone family of open platform IP video management software, designed for high capacity, multisite installations, supporting unlimited numbers of cameras and users. This newest version 4.0 of XProtect Corporate includes key additions:
* Milestone Federated Architecture provides infinite scalability through central management of all federated entities in a system hierarchy on all levels of multiple sites – all the way out from headquarters to subsidiaries and beyond, to each of their branch offices.
* Extended User Rights allow tailoring user access and operation by skill levels, tasks, or time profiles (such as guards on shifts), by individual or as groups.
* The Alarm Manager gives consolidated and prioritised overviews for enhanced alarm handling with rule definitions for event triggers and dynamic camera previews, including work instructions, escalation or forwarding actions. These improve response times and reduce false alarms.
* Bookmarking incidents in both live and browse modes with time-synchronised video previews eases evidence creation and sharing details to speed up investigations.
* Multistage storage lets system administrators measurably optimise storage in levels, defining chains and timing multiple archives to different drives and hardware, grooming the video data to lower frame rates at each stage. Check storage status in your system at any time, including device usage by camera.
* Edge Storage Support is now ready: this ground-breaking technology can be deployed as the cameras providing edge capability become available from the manufacturers. This will increase system reliability during maintenance downtime or for installations with cameras on wireless, public Internet or other environments where network connections can be temporarily lost. Edge storage is a safeguard to ensure uninterrupted recording.
“Milestone has a great performance story to share: XProtect Corporate 4.0 brings a new chapter in database optimisation. In synergy with the hardware configuration, you can now get exponentially more video written to the database. This means that you can reduce the overall cost of your hardware needs because we help streamline those requirements,” states Christian Bohn, VP marketing and product development at Milestone Systems. “Milestone’s unique video archiving model has also been further developed with multistage grooming, encryption and recording configuration options that significantly lower the cost of storage.”
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved