In a previous edition I discussed the training requirement for a cable technician. In this issue, we are going to look at the skills programme training requirements for a CCTV technician/installer.
CCTV has become an integral part of security and indeed part of our lives. The cameras can be found almost everywhere. They will also be monitoring the 2010 Soccer World Cup stadia. This skills programme will enable would-be CCTV technicians to install and maintain the cameras, and register as such with PSIRA.
The programme consists of the following unit standards, all aimed at qualifying the learner as a CCTV technician:
* Use elementary electronics.
* Determine installation requirements.
* Explain the use of installed systems.
* Install electronic equipment.
* Customer service.
* Oral and signed communication.
* Understand CCTV.
* Install CCTV.
* Configure an installation.
* Assess the threat for security installation.
* Determine and rectify faults.
The learner must have completed the cabler skills programme as an entry requirement to the CCTV skills programme. In the next edition, we will look at access control.
For more information contact Terry Scallan, SAIS, +27 (0)72 231 4557.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved