C-track Secure is aimed at the individual vehicle owner and business vehicle owners of light commercial or sales vehicles. It offers real value in terms of electronic logbooks, ready for SARS submission; daily self-testing; and Internet and cellphone user interfaces.
JSE-listed DigiCore Holdings is a global player with a 15-year track record in the vehicle tracking and fleet management systems arena. The C-track range has over 150 000 installed systems in 21 countries on four continents.
DigiCore's philosophy is that the most valuable service is the support that customers receive. With more than 100 fully equipped, mobile service vehicles, which are dispatched from nine branches countrywide, 50 approved nationwide service centres, a national technical support control room and the DigiCore Support Centre that operates 24-hours a day, seven days a week, customers can be sure of complete peace of mind wherever they may go.
In addition to its range of fleet management products, DigiCore has introduced C-track Secure, a feature-rich vehicle tracking and recovery service that was designed and manufactured in South Africa. Now, the technology used by fleet managers globally, is available to consumers in the C-track Secure vehicle tracking unit. It is a scaled-down version of DigiCore's highly advanced fleet management system, which has 70% market share with about 130 000 installed units.
C-track Secure is aimed at the individual vehicle owner and business vehicle owners of light commercial or sales vehicles.
Several features set C-track Secure apart from its competitors. In addition to offering realtime vehicle location and historical movements, the system allows users to ascertain the location and status of all vehicles at any time using a cellphone or Internet connection. It receives its information from GPS satellites and is accurate up to four metres.
C-track Secure stores historical information to monitor productivity by establishing vehicle movements for the day. In addition, if a vehicle is driven out of a pre-defined area, vehicle owners will be alerted via cellphone and the DigiCore Support Centre.
An optional immobilisation switch can be fitted to vehicles, which allows the DigiCore Support Centre to immobilise the vehicle remotely in the event of hi-jacking or theft.
Additional benefits include:
* SARS-accepted electronic logging system for business or private kilometres - makes tax returns easier with the elimination of manual logbooks.
* Movement sensor - once a vehicle is parked, the owner can activate 'watch mode' on his or her cellphone, which will notify the user if the car moves.
* Daily self-test - performs a daily 'health check' on itself to ensure it is fully operational. If not, a call is logged and the client is advised accordingly.
* Optional remote panic button - available to vehicle owners to send the driver's location to the DigiCore support centre when help is needed.
* Tracking of vehicle movement even when ignition is off - also traceable using GSM networks as back up.
The system is user friendly and offers vehicle owners' peace of mind, as the onus does not rest on them to check and manage the system.
C-track Secure is endorsed by industry associations such as the South African Insurance Association (SAIA) and accepted by the South African Revenue Services (SARS).
For more information contact DigiCore, +27 (0) 860CTRACK, www.ctrack.co.za
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.