Located in the city of São Paulo, Allianz Parque imposes itself between the districts of Água Branca, Pompeia, Perdizes and Barra Funda. The space has the capacity to receive 43 700 people on game days, 55 000 for shows and 12 000 for events in the amphitheatre.
Allianz Parque has become one of the most modern multipurpose arenas in Latin America since it was built in 2014 by WTorre Properties. The stadium is located at the same place of the old Palestra Itália stadium. With a capacity of more than forty thousand spectators, it not only meets FIFA standards but was also awarded various prizes including the Master Award in the 11th edition of the Grand Prize for Corporate Architecture, the Accessibility Seal, delivered by the Permanent Accessibility Commission (CPA), and the “Environmental Management of the Surroundings of the Work” award, at the 3rd Health and Safety at Work Seconci Awards.
With an eye on the market, the management of Allianz Parque constantly invests in advanced technology and new solutions to keep the project in line with the most current standards of innovation in the world. The latest are the intelligent video surveillance cameras from Dahua Technology.
The cameras with embedded artificial intelligence systems help the security team of the arena work more efficiently and productively, so that the stadium is capable of dealing with different kinds of scenarios, such as large-scale concerts, major celebrations and, especially, football matches at Sociedade Esportiva Palmeiras.
The installation of the entire system took around 90 days. According to Eduardo Rigotto, general manager of Allianz Parque, the biggest challenge was to implement the new system with the arena in operation. “We have to carry out the replacement without any impact to the security team. But with the support of the Dahua team, we are able to do the job quietly without any major changes in our initial planning,” explained Rigotto.
The Dahua solution
For the project, devices with latest-generation embedded artificial intelligence technologies were used. Many of their functions go beyond an image captured by an ordinary camera. The camera models and technologies used include:
• DH-IPC-PF83230-A180 - panoramic camera with four 8-megapixel CMOS sensors, which generates a single 180-degree image of 32 MP using H.265 compression.
• SD6CE245UN-HNI - PTZ-style positioning camera with various technologies, such as Starlight, which allows viewing of images in very poor light (less than 0,005 lux). It has a 45x zoom, plus infrared illumination that can reach 250 metres.
• MPT310 portable recorder, used with lapel cameras, enabling recording and transmission of high-definition audio and video online from the point of view of the agent close to the events.
• DH-IPC-HFW8242EN-Z4FD-IRA-LED - special network camera that captures human faces through an AI algorithm embedded in a chip with deep learning technology. It gives the facial detection server a good deal less processing work, since the camera itself locates the faces of the video image and analyses attributes such as gender, age, facial expressions and whether the person has glasses.
• Network camera recorder and face database manager DHI-IVSS7016DR-4T. It works in conjunction with the CMS DSS PRO for recording in addition to managing and analysing the faces pre-registered in the database of employees and service providers of Allianz Parque. Users can also set a blacklist and the recorder will raise an alert if unauthorised persons are detected in a certain sector. The server can, in real time, work by processing the input stream at the gate opening, being able to recognise up to 40 faces per second in the arena.
• Video Wall, with six 46-inch LCD screens form a 2 x 3 matrix and can display 4K, live images, advertisements and bulletins in a professional manner.
“Today, Allianz Parque has a state-of-the-art facial recognition system, which has artificial intelligence and data analysis, and can be integrated into the public safety team system,” emphasised Rigotto.
|Tel:||+27 10 593 3242|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Dahua Technology South Africa|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved