Smart Home Dome 1080p
August 2018, Residential Estate (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
The Yi Smart Home dome camera offers HD 1080 resolution with 360-degree views and the ability to tilt and pan. The camera has a built in speaker and microphone, night vision, motion detection, and baby crying detection features. This smart home camera offers you full control and allows you to view video through the Yi app on your phone, and allowing you to see and hear what is happening in your home, day or night.
• 112 degree wide-angle advanced glass lens combined with 345° horizontal and 115° vertical rotation range.
• Advanced night vision with 8 built-in 940 nm infrared LED beads extend the viewing distance to 3 metres in pitch dark with no light pollution.
• Responsive and advanced microphone with a built-in anti-noise filter for a clear 2-way audio.
• Intercom Mode: one party to talk and listen at a time; Hands-free mode: both parties talk and listen freely.
• Receive real-time activity alerts while you’re out.
• 10-sec motion tracking records and centres the moving object.
• Bookmark your favourite positions (up to 8) and return to them at the tap of a button.
• Select Auto-Cruise to survey the area 360° horizontally or cruise your bookmarks, suitable for large areas that need a quick scan (and tracks moving objects).
• 360-degree panoramic snapshot.
• Encoding: H.264 High Profile.
• Enhancement: 3D noise reduction.
• Supported platforms: Android, iOS.
For more information, contact Syntech, +27 21 514 5300, www.syntech.co.za
- Panasonic’s Face Recognition Server
November 2018, Panasonic South Africa, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Products
Panasonic has adopted deep learning technology in its face recognition products that overcomes the difficulties of conventional technologies.
- Your face tells a story
November 2018, Technews Publishing, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Government and Parastatal (Industry)
Facial recognition has advanced to the point where it can be rolled out over large areas and accuracy is no longer a hit-and-miss affair.
- They sure don’t make them like they used to
November 2018, Technews Publishing, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Integrated Solutions
The latest offerings in the market with respect to doorbells and intercoms, and what functionality they offer.
- Video-based parking management
November 2018, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Integrated Solutions
Using surveillance video for vehicle counting improves parking management at an attractive cost and limited installation hassles.
- Integrated security and event management
November 2018, Johnson Controls, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Integrated Solutions
High-end central London multi-zone development chooses Tyco Security Products’ C•CURE 9000 Security and Event Management system.
- Hospital adopts integrated solution
November 2018, Bosch Building Technologies, Access Control & Identity Management, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Fire & Safety, Integrated Solutions, Healthcare (Industry)
Adana sets the standard for patient safety in a system marked by low overall cost of ownership, maintenance costs, and failure rate.
- Optimal selection of CCTV operators
November 2018, Leaderware, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Security Services & Risk Management
Technology is often seen as the primary factor in the success of CCTV surveillance control rooms, yet Dr Craig Donald has seen new control rooms with the most up-to-date technology fail.
- How close has video analytics grown to AI?
November 2018, Technews Publishing, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Cyber Security, Integrated Solutions
Hi-Tech Security Solutions asks how far artificial intelligence has changed the video analytics market and how it will make an impact in future.
- Smart cities spend less
November 2018, Axis Communications SA, Government and Parastatal (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Security Services & Risk Management
A proactive management model allows cities to work smarter and save money while offering better services and results to their citizens.
- Secutel partners with AxxonSoft
November 2018, Secutel Technologies, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Secutel Technologies has announced it is now an approved technology partner and distributor of AxxonSoft in South Africa.
- Choose your surveillance technology partners wisely
November 2018, Graphic Image Technologies, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Integrated Solutions
Businesses and consumers alike are spoiled for choice in the surveillance market, but as with everything else in life, you get what you pay for.
- ONVIF releases Profile T for advanced video streaming
November 2018, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
ONVIF has announced the final release of Profile T, a new specification with advanced video streaming capabilities and an expanded feature set for metadata streaming and analytics.