The Saflec Group, a well-known South African industrial electronic engineering company engaged in the manufacturing and development of access control and security related products, has now fully integrated Suprema’s biometric terminals into its Saflec Access Control System (SACS). This integration offers users of SACS the option to utilise Suprema terminals for biometric implementations.
Saflec Systems is a proud local access control and time & attendance manufacturer and has been in business for 12 years. The secret of its success is in the strong bonds of loyalty that exist between staff and clients, and their ability to create solutions that are functional and deliver on user needs with minimum delay. Saflec Systems’ realisation of strength through integration is not new and partnering with international leaders in the security industry is what gives users of SACS the flexibility to deliver on ever growing client needs.
The Saflec Access Control System is user-friendly and easily managed. The system is a primarily offline system and all access decisions are made locally through door controllers. This offers advantages of continued operation in the midst of network or server downtime, improved door operation speeds, ease of implementation, and even countrywide access control systems using WANs.
In online mode, however, it offers all the functionality of a real-time system with real-time access logs, tag holder photo display on a visual map interface with alarms triggered through surveillance, door sensors and other alarm inputs.
SACS Corporate Edition
The SACS Corporate Edition application provides useful tools for larger sites including tag holder list filtering and quick searches. Other useful management tools include:
* On-the-fly configuration, where the hardware configuration is created in a continuous flow with a minimum of time waste.
* Multiple site-based permissions with central management.
* Graphical access event display with a large graphical control library – each device with its own automatic state display.
* Advanced event and action controls.
* Simple event-based alarm management with more advanced functions planned for future release.
* Reader monitoring functions with filtered views and optional photograph displays.
* The most recent access transactions for an individual are displayed on the tag holder properties page without having to run reports.
* Flexible event model for integration with CCTV matrixes or anything with a public access protocol supporting RS-232 or TCP/IP.
* An extension interface is provided for PC-based access control overrides or advanced device control.
* Easy firmware upgrades for future feature additions.
* Flexible time & attendance export program for integration with third-party software.
“Integrating Suprema into our solution was an easy choice,” says Barend Keyser, sales manager at Saflec group. “With Suprema’s extensive range of biometric terminals and internationally acclaimed algorithms, we can now offer users of SACS flexibility that will suit a myriad of needs.” He adds that Suprema’s capabilities range from indoor to IP65 water and dust proof, IK08 vandal resistant options, PoE, touch screen and many more, all driven through a high-end TCP/IP interface for easy and flexible management.
“The devices fully integrate with Saflec controllers to provide seamless undisputed and clearly guided access to users of the system,” he explains. “The modern stylish design of the Suprema readers, coupled with the powerful biometric matching they provide, makes them a fitting addition to our access control system and we are looking forward to introducing this new value add to our channel.”
He points out that the level of integration performed is totally seamless and users of the SACS system will now see Suprema inside the familiar SACS interface. The tight SDK integration leaves no need for managing separate systems and all configuration and management of Suprema hardware is done inside SACS.
“At Saflec we understand the need for fully integrated systems and would not consider doing it any other way,” says Keyser.
Walter Rautenbach, MD of neaMetrics, the exclusive distributor of Suprema in southern Africa says, “We have been involved with software integration into many internationally acclaimed access control and VMS systems and the Saflec team delivered an outstanding platform that is second to none. We are sure that our reseller network will embrace this new Suprema platform with open arms and we look forward to seeing it widely implemented.”
|Tel:||+27 11 784 3952|
|Fax:||086 552 0819|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Suprema|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved