Stallion is one of the few security companies that can offer in-house, turnkey, high-tech security systems and projects to its clients. This was the thinking when the group decided to invest in establishing the electronics arm of Stallion. Today Stallion is active in this market space competing for and executing complex large turnkey projects for integrated security systems and solutions.
There is a significant interest and investment in southern Africa for green or sustainable energy power plants. Stallion has identified this as a growing market space with opportunities for us to compete offering full turnkey integrated security solutions. The group has made significant in-roads and has been appointed turnkey contractor and service provider for security systems and services for two of the first large-scale solar power plants to be developed and installed in South Africa.
Breaking ground with SunPower/Tenesol in the Western Cape
Stallion has concluded turnkey projects for security systems installation and services at the revolutionary solar power plants being built by the global industry leader, SunPower, near Douglas in the Northern Cape. SunPower constructed two ground-mounted solar power renewable energy projects named Herbert and Greefspan. ‘Herbert, a 22-MW project, was followed by Greefspan, an 11-MW project. They are both part of the South African government’s Independent Power Producers Procurement Programme.’
SunPower went out to open tender for the provision of security systems and services to secure the two projects. Stallion Security has been successful in this tender process and was awarded contracts for both projects.
The security systems Stallion designed, supplied, installed, commissioned and operate are as follows:
* 9 km of Stinger 26-strand electric fencing.
* 9 km of six-strand electric ‘under-dig’ overhang.
* Long range thermal imaging cameras.
* HD day/night IP surveillance camera systems.
* Video analytics and auto intrusion detection systems.
* NVR video recording.
* Remote monitoring and audio to perimeter/fence line.
* 9000 metres of fibre-optic data network.
* Gigabit network for video and audio system.
* Installation turnaround: six months (January-June 2013).
* Security officers on site 24/7.
* Approximate contract value: R 11 million.
In June 2013, Stallion successfully completed both the Herbert and Greefspan installations and SunPower/Tenesol signed acceptance for the systems as 100% with zero snags or outstanding items. Project highlights include:
* The electronic security perimeter detection system makes use of both a high voltage industrial physical electric barrier fence as well as thermal imaging and video motion detection systems from FLIR.
* A central control room is equipped as part of the project and will be run by Stallion personnel.
* The electric fence electricfication and detection system is from Stinger and can pinpoint to the nearest 100 m the location of an intrusion.
* High-mounted thermal night vision cameras from FLIR are installed around the perimeter that give the security officers manning the site live viewing of the entire perimeter.
* Intelligent video analytic systems sample the video feed and alert the security officers of any movement so they can observe and react as appropriate.
* The systems also have full IP public address audio functionality, allowing the security officer to communicate with possible intruders trying to breach the perimeter and warn them off.
Stallion is in strong contention to also be awarded the next two projects (much larger 70 MW plants) with SunPower as well as contenders to provide similar systems for the Siemens WindFarm and Solar projects soon to commence. Stallion plans to be at the forefront of the security for this new clean energy industry which is expected to boom in southern Africa.
|Tel:||+27 11 533 8888|
|Fax:||086 667 6618|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Stallion Electronic Security|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved