Biometrics security solutions still remain a substantial investment for any new customer and one of the key considerations customers are facing in their purchase decision is the life expectancy of this investment. Should something go wrong (which more than often does) will there be sufficient support available to ensure a speedy repair and limited downtime?
Ideco Biometric Security Solutions is not only the largest distributor of Morpho biometric terminals in South Africa, but also the only Morpho accredited service and support centre in Africa. This offers any customer the peace of mind that in the event of a failure, biometric terminals do not have to be shipped to the manufacturer, but instead could be sent directly to Ideco, which offers various swap out and repair options.
Free swap out during warranty period
* Products are shipped with a standard one-year manufacturer’s warranty. Should the product default during this period, the manufacturer offers a free swap out service that is facilitated through its distribution partners.
* Ideco also offers customers the option to extend the warranty period at a small initial fee, up to a maximum of three years, which also includes the option of swap out.
* Out of warranty repairs may only be done by the manufacturer or an accredited repair centre, in order not to void any of the equipment certification.
* The warranty does not cover any damage as a result of incorrect installation, general misuse or any damages as a result of fire, water, electrical surges or acts of God.
Limit your risks
* Should anyone that is not officially trained and certified by Morpho, France, try to repair a unit, this would immediately invalidate any warranty.
* An organisation could also increase its liability should it use equipment where the certification was void due to unauthorised repairs.
Reduce cost of ownership
* To limit any unnecessary implementation costs, Ideco performs pre-deliver quality checks. This provides customers the assurance that terminals would be fully functional when they arrive on site. With prior arrangement, Ideco could also pre-configure terminals according to specific customer requirements before delivery.
* Ideco received factory training to do board level repairs and also has direct access to the specialist hotline in France. Our in-depth understanding of the terminal design and with the advanced laboratory and equipment we own, no fault is too complex to repair.
* As a result the cost of repairs through Ideco are also dramatically lower. Replacing components are done fast and at affordable rates and there is seldom a need to replace the full processor board of a terminal.
* Repairs are even done on discontinued product lines. Although limited, we still have spares for products sold in 2004 and there are many of those terminals out there still fully functioning.
* In some cases it may however not make economical sense to repair some terminals.
* With the most comprehensive market intelligence on all fault types, Ideco can diagnose most terminal errors within a few minutes.
* The annual average for normal repairs average is less than eight days when equipment is submitted directly to Ideco. During the lightning season, standard repair times may peak at 13 days. Customers do however have the option to fast track a specific repair to a same day service.
* Ideco also operates one of the most accurate and comprehensive serial number tracking systems in the world, and is therefore capable of providing a detailed history on shipping, repairs and licensing on a per terminal basis.
|Tel:||+27 12 749 2300|
|Fax:||086 726 5424|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Ideco Biometrics|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved