First responder feature on mobile app
November 2018, Security Services & Risk Management, Products
The SecuTraq mobile app provides the security workforce with technology that is reliable, secure and offers real-time data. This workforce management platform offers insight, visibility and actionable alerts.
Previously a security guard would press the panic button, sending a signal to the control room, which the control room operator would ‘action’ according to his SOP for such events or triggers. With the new first responder feature, the nearest guard or first responder will receive the panic simultaneously with the control room operator, when the security guard in distress presses the panic button.
The members belonging to the same group as the guard in distress will be able to track the guard in real time, assist in case of emergencies and view the photos that were taken at the scene.
The groups and rules can be set up according to your specific preference.
• Real-time tracking: track your workforce with GPS tracking.
• GSM communication: for data and voice. (supports GPRS).
• Camera: for photos and video clips, that are sent to the other group members and control room.
• Panic button: for handling distress situations.
• Real-time data communication: with the control room operator.
• Cloud storage: photos, videos and events are stored securely in the cloud.
• Monitor: patrol routes.
• Detect out of authorised zones.
The following factors are recorded during a panic event: time alerted, two snapshots, latitude/longitude coordinates, time responded, time it took the first responder to arrive, time spent with the guard, time departed from the scene and other related special notifications.
The app enables the control room to make informed decisions and to control emergencies far better than any radio-based system which cannot give visuals and sound of the scene.
For more information, contact Secutel Technologies, +27 10 072 0554, www.secutel.co.za