J2 launches Home Secure
November 2018, News, Cyber Security
J2 Software has announced the launch of J2 Home Secure, aimed at protecting home/personal users from online fraud and cyber threats. John Mc Loughlin, CEO of J2 Software, says there is a growing trend in online fraud targeting consumers, which includes invoice fraud, fake adverts and refund scams.
“From the home/personal user perspective it can be quite a dilemma of ‘where do you begin’? We have online banking fraud, fake classifieds adverts, phishing scams, malware and viruses, ATM fraud, refund scams, fake invoices and that’s before we even get to advanced threats and most importantly – our children.”
He notes that the J2 Home Secure solution aims to deal with the fact that attacks are increasing and always evolving. “J2 Home Secure provides end point protection, Internet security and it offers protection up to R25 000 in the event of online fraud and theft where you suffer a direct financial loss. It provides Managed Cyber Security for home users.”
J2 Home Secure also offers protection against:
• EFT fraud
- Transfer of funds to third parties where the details of the payee have been manipulated.
- Transactions where a payees identity is stolen, falsified, fraudulently altered.
- 30% of the value of online classified transactions.
• EFT Duping
- EFT or deposit scam using altered POPs, deposit slips etc.
- When you are tricked into believing payment has been made into your account.
• Unauthorised transfer of funds:
- Funds transfer from account by person not authorised.
- Includes fraudulent use of your name, address, ID, bank account etc.
- Does not include funds by a person you know or have authorised to make a transfer.
“This product offers the modern consumer many compelling reasons to improve their security by having a managed cyber security service for home users. We also provide affordable layered security options to ensure that clients have securely backed up important files, encrypted sensitive data with the added advantage of having a single point of contact to help them setup their Office365 at home,” Mc Loughlin concludes.
For more information contact J2 Software, +27 87 238 1870, email@example.com, www.j2.co.za