On display at the ESDA Namibia Expo 2018
August 2018, Conferences & Events, News
The Electronic Security Distributors’ Association (ESDA) will be holding a one-day expo at the Windhoek Country Club in Namibia on 22 August 2018. The expo will run from 08:00 to 16:30.
Attendees can look forward to seeing a host of companies with their latest solutions on display on the day. As a foretaste of what will be on show on the 22nd, the exhibiting companies provided the following insights into their displays.
Barco is a Namibian owned distribution company, based in Windhoek. It is currently focused on supplying security and IP network solutions for installers, integrators and resellers.
Barco will be exhibiting the following:
• Dahua security solutions
• Lechange home and small business Wi-Fi cameras and doorbells
• WIREspeed fibre, network and cabling solutions
• 12V 7ah batteries
Centurion Systems will be showcasing its range of products at ESDA Namibia. Among the products on display will be Centurion’s brand new wireless solution, the WiZo-Link, as well as a number of established solutions such as the Vantage swing gate operator and the company’s flagship D5-Evo sliding gate operator.
Another new product, the SDO4 for tip-up and sectional garage doors, will also form part of Centurion’s ESDA showcase. The SDO4’s clever design with pre-assembled parts and an LED programming interface for ease of setup, make the operator any installer’s dream. Finally, the company’s SECTOR II industrial traffic barrier – dubbed the “heir to the throne of access automation” – will make an appearance at the event.
Elvey Security Technologies
Elvey Security Technologies joins the ESDA Namibia Expo 2018 with a wide range of its local and international brands, tailored to meet the specific needs of local businesses and communities. Showcasing the latest products in the intruder detection and surveillance categories, Elvey will demonstrate superior security solutions, which are reliable and easy to maintain.
It’s intruder detection series will include: DSC Power Series NEO control panels, Permaconn GSM/GPRS/IP communicators, NetworX control panels, the OPTEX WXI 180 degree outdoor detection, and a range of RDC transmitters. The surveillance products include IP cameras and comprehensive surveillance management solutions from Dahua.
Elvey’s security solutions are coupled with extensive consultations, training, technical support and on-site assistance. Its comprehensive training courses ensure that each customer or installer gains the appropriate knowledge, skill and certification, to competently install and maintain security solutions.
FSK Electronics SA
FSK Electronics SA designs, develops, and manufactures a wide variety of security products that use VHF-, UHF- and GSM-based technology, providing secure wireless communication between monitored sites and responding control centres. We are an experienced and dynamic team with one thing at the heart of all we do: innovation. We innovate to create more value for our clients and all users of our products.
Our advanced security solutions include alarm communicators and communications networks, alarm panels and peripherals, guard monitoring units and remote controls.
Hi-Tek distributes the ProvisionISR, INIM and DUEVI range of products, offering expert solutions for a variety of security requirements with the latest in advanced technology from CCTV and alarm systems to home automation.
The ProvisionISR cameras offer 5MP AHD cameras, as well as the latest H.265 technology in its 2, 3, 4, 5 and 8 MP IP camera and NVR range. This allows users to use up to 50% less storage space, 50% less bandwidth and up to a 50% lower bitrate.
Analytics is also available on the IP and AHD technology, including facial recognition, line crossing, sterile area, missing/left object, camera tampering, people counting and people density. Finally, the new system operating system, OSSIA, offers an easy interface, a new web interface and an app which is user friendly and simplifies workflow, setting you free from labour intensive operations.
IDEMIA will be displaying a number of technologies at ESDA Security Expo 2018, as well as showing a preview of its latest contactless fingerprint capture device, MorphoWave.
Of the products on display, visitors will be able to see the following:
• MorphoWave Compact: the newest addition to IDEMIA’s range of readers for frictionless biometric access control. The Compact delivers the performance of MorphoWave contactless 3D fingerprint technology in a stylish and compact wall-mounted device, suitable for any location.
• MorphoAccess SIGMA Lite Series: slim and powerful fingerprint access terminals are specifically designed to equip narrow mounting surfaces, such as glass/aluminium door mullions, turnstiles, or server rack doors.
• MorphoAccess Sigma Series: Tailored for both access control and time & attendance applications, the MorphoAccess SIGMA Series (MA SIGMA) implements 20 patents to master biometric identification and deliver a host of additional features, together with refined user experience.
• MorphoAccess Sigma Extreme Series: Based on the same platform as all SIGMA readers, the outdoor MA SIGMA Extreme is specifically designed to operate in harsh conditions, resisting rain, snow, dust and salt mist.
IDS designs and manufactures a broad range of electronic security products with a focus on intruder detection, from alarm panels and keypads to infrared detectors, remote receivers and transmitters, as well as telephone base stations, radio communications and GPRS equipment.
The company’s product range is renowned for its robust simplicity and reliability. South Africa has the highest rate of domestic robberies per capita in the world, and in this demanding environment, millions of South Africans have turned to the trusted IDS brand for security peace of mind.
IDS also partners with OPTEX, with whome IDS has developed Xwave technology integrated with OPTEX detectors to provide a fully integrated, out-the-box wireless solution. IDS have also secured the distributions rights of the OPTEX wired range of detectors.
Along with the above, IDS have developed a strong relationship with Dahua Technology, recently securing the official distribution rights of Dahua products worldwide.
Magtouch Electronics is a manufacturer of hi-tech monitoring systems. Designed and manufactured in South Africa, serving guard monitoring solutions globally since 1994, at Magtouch, we create state of the art monitoring solutions using the latest technologies for recording, monitoring, storing and reporting guard patrol data.
The Magtouch baton is made of surgical grade stainless steel, hermetically sealed and manufactured to IP69K standard. Not only is this baton tough and reliable, with a battery life of up to 8 years, it's also available in an intrinsically safe model.
The Suga Blu baton which was recently launched, is completely live and transmits data to the server automatically. There is no software download required. The live data is available from any internet enabled device, anywhere in the world. This system comes with a free Virtual Control Room. This Suga Blu baton has a rechargable battery with 7 to 10 day battery life. A phone app that compliments the Suga Blu system is also available free on the Google Play store.
Martin Electronics will have a range of products on display at the Namibia Expo. These include:
• The new 1-channel code hopping receiver: This receiver is enclosed in a new smaller and compact design. The receiver has an improved sensitivity which means a longer range.
• Wireless IR beams: With our new IR beam, there is no need to run cables to the other side of the driveway to power the transmitter. The transmitter operates off two AA batteries with an expected battery life of three years. When the battery reached a low point, the buzzer will sound on the receiver side.
• Alarm panel: Our 4-zone alarm panel is a compact stand-alone panel, that functions from a 4-button remote.
• Wireless keypad: Our wireless keypad can store up to a 1000 codes. It has 15 channels to control various peripherals. It can operate on 433MHz and 403Mhz.
• Gate motor: It is targeted at the light industrial/domestic market, up to 500 kg. With our LCD display it is very easy to access and change settings. It has a build-in tamper detection, set-up with or without magnet.
Nemtek, based in South Africa, manufactures and distributes a comprehensive range of security and agricultural electric fencing products. Nemtek’s range of quality and innovative security electric fencing products helps ensure the safety and well-being of residential, commercial, industrial, utilities and high-security properties. The agricultural range of fencing products will help keep animals safe and secure, providing peace of mind.
Echo-line is Nemtek’s distributor of electric fencing products in Namibia. The ESDA Expo will create another forum for Nemtek to showcase our newest agricultural range of products as well as the latest in security network energisers.
RDC will be demonstrating its new weatherproof SMX Panic Pack and SMX Dinrail expander.
With the increasing demand of a weatherproof panic pack for rural security and the outdoor agricultural industry, RDC designed and developed not only a weatherproof panic pack, but also the unique Dinrail weatherproof expander pack specifically earmarked for these specialised industries. The units are easy to program and install with step by step instructions included.
The panic pack is ideal for situations where the pack must be transported to sites with no electricity as panic units, and back to headquarters the next day to be charged.
The Dinrail is designed to expand functionality for outdoor and high voltage applications e.g. geysers, borehole pumps, farm irrigation systems etc. The client has the flexibility of choosing up to eight contact switches for AC devices.
The receiver on the panic pack can be used as a panic trip or even to trip one of the relays to start an outdoor device, such as a pump etc. Both the outdoor solutions have an IP65 rating and aluminium back plate mount.