AxxonSoft used its platform at Securex SA to launch the Incident Management Centre (IMC) in South Africa. The IMC will see the smart and safe city concepts finally being implemented in South Africa, after experiencing much success in various countries overseas.
The concept enables detailed monitoring of large areas which results in the detection and prevention of crime and other incidents. The IMC uses artificial intelligence and deep learning to connect a large network of interconnected devices to deliver real-time data to a central database.
The system supports almost 10 000 IP devices and 3000 models of network devices, which means users can experience the benefits of the IMC without spending thousands on new equipment.
Local authorities and security companies are already part of the central database, so when an offender enters your premises, or a vehicle is stolen, the authorities will already have been alerted. Not only does the IMC promote safety and smarter business decisions, but the potential for other industries to utilise the system to improve the economy and monitor and control public utilities is also available.
The key features of the IMC are:
Facial recognition: The IMC monitors and controls all your public utilities and allows you to detect and report problems in real-time. The benefits include:
• Immediate detection and reporting of problems.
• Quicker responses from authorities or emergency personnel.
• Prevention of crimes, acts of terror, and accidents.
• Crowd management and security in public places.
• The system automatically picks out faces from the video camera feed, compares them to the central database (employee access list or blacklist), and triggers the system to lock or unlock doors or send an alert to security personnel, etc.
Licence plate recognition: The system monitors and secures transportation, vehicles, and transport areas using artificial intelligence. The benefits include:
• Video surveillance modules are integrated with intelligent transport and traffic detectors for tracking and searching purposes.
• Real-time tracking.
• Optimisation of traffic flows.
Retail solution: The IMC performs a variety of tasks such as crowd control and proactive monitoring of cashiers and customers at the point-of-sale with intelligent video. The benefits include:
• Continuous recording of cashiers’ workspaces.
• Combining recording with point-of-sale transaction data to prevent fraud or theft by the cashiers or customers.
• Store traffic management.
• Queue management.
• Identification and prevention of unauthorised alterations, substitutions, cancellations, and forgeries.
The system allows users to gather statistics and data, and take the guessing out of your security strategy.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved