Expanding machine vision
July 2018, Products, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Dahua has unveiled a series of new industrial cameras to enhance its product offering for the logistics industry and general industry automation. Along with the new launches, Dahua has broadened its product selection including the following:
• Area scan cameras: The 7000, 5000 and 3000 systems with GigE and USB 3 interface respectively are now available for different applications. The 7000 series is targeted for users with highest performance requirements, the 5000 series strives for price performance balance, while the 3000 series is positioned as an entry-level solution targeting for users who are looking for value.
• Line scan cameras: 2K/4K line scan cameras are now available for applications that require both high resolution and high scan rate for moving objects.
• Smart camera: Movidus-based smart cameras with embedded code-reading algorithms have been released for application in logistics, especially in logistic automation.
• 3D cameras: 3D cameras have been recently added in the portfolio and are able to measure object size down to millimetre level.
For more information, contact Zhejiang Dahua Technology Co., +86 571 8768 8883, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.dahuasecurity.com
- Cameras in the control room
September 2018, Leaderware, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
CCTV operators find themselves in a pivotal position regarding society, technology, security strategy, and the welfare of people. But who watches the watchers?
- Making the right security decisions
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Integrated Solutions, Conferences & Events, Training & Education
The Residential Estate Security Conference 2018 took place in Johannesburg in August, covering a range of topics pertinent to the estate market.
- The most important features of a management platform
September 2018, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management, Cyber Security, Integrated Solutions
Hi-Tech Security Solutions asks the industry for the top three features you should be looking for in a security management platform.
- Fleet safety upgrade
September 2018, ITS SA - Intelligent Transportation Systems SA, Transport (Industry), Products
For modern fleets there should be no compromise on safety as it is now possible to achieve higher levels of driver safety without the cost of buying up on fleet vehicles.
- Improve efficiency and security
September 2018, Johnson Controls, Transport (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Security technology plays a larger role than ever before in the logistics sector, for security and operational reasons.
- Keeping the airfield safe
September 2018, Dallmeier Electronic Southern Africa , Transport (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
One of the paramount concerns for airports is perimeter protection; an issue, which was highlighted by a number of recent incidents involving unauthorised access onto airfields.
- A port in a security storm
September 2018, Pelco by Schneider Electric, Transport (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Seaport security leaders should seek partners and platforms that help grant peace-of-mind that security awareness is maximised across infrastructures and perimeters.
- Priority Response to improve armed reaction
September 2018, Videofied SA, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Security Services & Risk Management, Products
Videofied has introduced Priority Response, a way to change the way professional armed reaction calls are being handled in the industry by making use of video verification products and service.
- First responder solution
September 2018, Security Services & Risk Management, Products
Geotab has recently partnered with Signal Tower and Online Intelligence to create the First Responder Solution for increased response times and security.
- RFID tracking of high-value goods
September 2018, Active Track, Asset Management, EAS, RFID, Products
Active Track offers a solution to control and restrict the movement and storage of high-value goods.
- Tamper indicative solutions
September 2018, Integrity Control, Asset Management, EAS, RFID, Products
Tamper indicative bags, available from Integrity Control Systems (ICS), are a popular mechanism for the safe storage or movement of cash and valuable goods.
- Paxton launches new app
September 2018, Paxton Access, This Week's Editor's Pick, Access Control & Identity Management, Products
Paxton has announced the launch of its new app, Paxton Connect Admin, for flexible site management for Net2 system engineers and operators.