The South African chapter of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is hosting its annual conference in November in Johannesburg. The event will be held at Emperor’s Palace on 14 November 2017.
The 2017 conference will address a host of issues relevant to the security of the transport and logistics industries with presentations from high-level speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. This year’s highlights include:
• Professor Rudolph Zinn, an expert in policing and forensic investigation from the University of South Africa will present an overview of crime and how it affects society, in the context of the bigger picture of the South African environment and challenges, including criminal motivators and the psychological effects on the population.
• For a global perspective on sea freight movement, Andrew Walker, regional loss control engineering manager Africa and Middle East at AIG, will speak on the security challenges faced by ship and cargo owners due to the threat and impact of piracy.
• Paul Linders, global security director at Ceva Logistics and a member of the TAPA EMEA Board, will offer an analysis of the changes between the 2014 and 2017 standards on Facility Security Requirements (FSR) and Trucking Security Requirements (TSR) for High Value Theft Targeted (HVTT) assets.
• The conference will also address the convergence of cyber and physical security in supply chain operations in a presentation by Roger Truebody, senior manager risk advisory, security, privacy and resilience, at Deloitte South Africa.
• Andre Du Venage, CEO of Secure Logistics will examine the psychology of poor risk management, highlighting how the work environment can be negatively affected when risk management decisions are based on emotional or egotistical thinking.
• Fred Kleynhans, CEO of Zimele Investment Enterprise Company and Phambili Gama, MD of Zimele Truck Stop Enterprises, will offer a high level overview of the ‘Fourth Dimension’ and other risk elements related to heavy vehicle transportation of goods, utilising the N3 national highway as an example. The presentation will Include a detailed overview of the Zimele truck stops operated along the route.
To register for the event, go to www.securitytoday.co.za/tapa/register.html
|Tel:||+27 82 824 7101|
|Fax:||086 639 8412|
|Articles:||More information and articles about TAPA (Transported Asset Protection Association)|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved