Integrating security and logistics operations October 2017, News, Conferences & Events, Associations
The South African chapter of the Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) is hosting its annual conference in November in Johannesburg. The event will be held at Emperor’s Palace on 14 November 2017.
The 2017 conference will address a host of issues relevant to the security of the transport and logistics industries with presentations from high-level speakers who are leaders in their respective fields. This year’s highlights include:
• Professor Rudolph Zinn, an expert in policing and forensic investigation from the University of South Africa will present an overview of crime and how it affects society, in the context of the bigger picture of the South African environment and challenges, including criminal motivators and the psychological effects on the population.
• For a global perspective on sea freight movement, Andrew Walker, regional loss control engineering manager Africa and Middle East at AIG, will speak on the security challenges faced by ship and cargo owners due to the threat and impact of piracy.
• Paul Linders, global security director at Ceva Logistics and a member of the TAPA EMEA Board, will offer an analysis of the changes between the 2014 and 2017 standards on Facility Security Requirements (FSR) and Trucking Security Requirements (TSR) for High Value Theft Targeted (HVTT) assets.
• The conference will also address the convergence of cyber and physical security in supply chain operations in a presentation by Roger Truebody, senior manager risk advisory, security, privacy and resilience, at Deloitte South Africa.
• Andre Du Venage, CEO of Secure Logistics will examine the psychology of poor risk management, highlighting how the work environment can be negatively affected when risk management decisions are based on emotional or egotistical thinking.
• Fred Kleynhans, CEO of Zimele Investment Enterprise Company and Phambili Gama, MD of Zimele Truck Stop Enterprises, will offer a high level overview of the ‘Fourth Dimension’ and other risk elements related to heavy vehicle transportation of goods, utilising the N3 national highway as an example. The presentation will Include a detailed overview of the Zimele truck stops operated along the route.
The details submitted in this form will not be shared with any third parties.
From the editor’s desk: Dark times April 2019, Technews Publishing, News Although the timing is more coincidence than anything else, this issue includes a feature on power management. Given the latest news we’re hearing and experiencing from Eskom and the length and breadth ...
Bidvest Protea Coin April 2019, Bidvest Protea Coin, News Bidvest Protea Coin is a leading provider of integrated, intelligence-driven risk management services.
Alastair McPhail joins Jarrison April 2019, Jarrison Systems, News, Access Control & Identity Management Alastair McPhail has taken the position of national marketing manager at time and attendance manufacturers, Jarrison Systems.
Cathexis wraps up successful national roadshow April 2019, Cathexis Technologies, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, News, Conferences & Events, Training & Education Cathexis Technologies successfully concluded its national CathexisVision Roadshow. With events held in Durban, Port Elizabeth, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Biodegradable security seals for SA April 2019, TruSeal, This Week's Editor's Pick, Asset Management, EAS, RFID, News, Security Services & Risk Management The new TruSeal product extension is produced from a special biodegradable material sourced from Malaysia.
Taking the Kenyan security industry by storm April 2019, News, Conferences & Events, Training & Education Taking place from 24–26 September 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya, Securexpo East Africa can enhance your company’s presence in the most promising economic area of Africa.
Rethink security priorities April 2019, News, Cyber Security Cryptocurrency mining is up 237%, phishing attacks increase by 269%, business email compromise attacks have gone up by 28%.
CathexisVision gets another stamp of approval April 2019, Cathexis Technologies, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring CathexisVision has received another glowing verdict from Benchmark as a Recommended and Best Buy product for March 2019.
Beukes joins Westcon-Comstor April 2019, Westcon-Comstor Sub-Saharan Africa, News Westcon-Comstor has announced the appointment of Nico Beukes as strategic account manager of security solutions.