Inim offers cloud service
September 2017, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, IT infrastructure, Products
Inim Electronics, distributed by HiTek Security Distributors, is now offering the convenience and reliability of accessing and controlling your system via the Inim Cloud service. The service provides web space for the remote control of SmartLiving intrusion systems from wherever you are in the world.
The Inim Cloud is secure as it uses one of the largest data centres in the world to provide its services. It offers encrypted data protection and is replicable in other geographical areas in the event of an emergency. Users are immediately connected, no network configuration or router programming is needed.
Through a web-browser or the Alien Mobile app, users can perform remote intrusion control and home automation operations. Additionally, users are able to save and replicate programming data from one computer to another and share the cloud with your customers to offer a management tool for the control of faults and maintenance scheduling.
Features offered by the cloud service include:
• Backup of the entire SmartLeague software database.
• Easy and instant save, rescue and recover data operations.
• Duplication and transfer of control panel programming data.
• Import, export, and save solutions to Inim Cloud for convenient and quick sharing of system programming on multiple computers.
• 512 MB of free space available (about 50 solutions) for each installer account, distributed between backup databases and backup solutions.
The AlienMobile 2.0 app offers:
• Complete management of SmartLiving systems via Inim Cloud
• Free access to Inim Cloud services via the app
• Integrated home-automation control.
• Unlimited multi-panel management
• Commands via SMS.
• With the AlienMobile+ premium version, you can receive push notification messages from Inim Cloud along with camera and thermostat management.
- Trends in intruder detection
October 2017, Elvey, Secutel Technologies, This Week's Editor's Pick, Access Control & Identity Management, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
Ease of use, integration and visual verification rule the roost in the modern intruder solution.
- Hikvision reaches new heights
October 2017, Hikvision South Africa, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
Hikvision held an event to celebrate the launch of its perimeter defence solutions on 15 September on the 20th Floor of The Venue, Green Park.
- Milestone is all ears for audio
October 2017, Milestone Systems, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Products
Milestone Systems has released Device Pack 9.3 which prepares the Milestone community for using audio to increase safety. In addition, more than 300 cameras have received updated or new support.
- PDS for Sasol coal mines
October 2017, This Week's Editor's Pick, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Asset Management, EAS, RFID, Mining (Industry)
Monitech Mining Monitoring Systems was recently commissioned to supply and install a proximity detection system to a number of Sasol Mining’s underground operations.
- Enabling secure and efficient mining
October 2017, Gallagher, Mining (Industry), Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Security Services & Risk Management
Mining is a high-value industry with long-term return on investment. Initial capital investment is substantial and it can take years from exploration to market-ready product.
- X-ray designed for purpose
October 2017, Mining (Industry), Security Services & Risk Management, Products
X-ray security systems have been available for many years, but are now ready to offer more sophisticated solutions than ever before.
- Security infrastructure in a box
October 2017, Genetec, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, IT infrastructure
Genetec introduces new high-performance rack-mounted appliances, workstations and storage solutions.
- Thermals beyond security
October 2017, Axis Communications SA, Hikvision South Africa, Secu-Systems, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
As with all other areas of the surveillance market, thermal technology is an area of intense focus and development as new opportunities are uncovered and prices decrease even further.
- Get smarter with intelligent intruder detection and perimeter security
October 2017, Graphic Image Technologies, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Times have changed and it is no longer advisable to rely on legacy systems and technologies that are rapidly becoming obsolete.
- Smart intruder detection solutions
October 2017, Elvey, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
Elvey introduces smart solutions from DSC, UTC and Risco that leverage the Internet of Things (IoT).
- IoT enhances intruder detection
October 2017, Elvey, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, Integrated Solutions
There is a definite trend towards making intruder detection equipment smarter, with an increased ability to integrate with other security and home/business management solutions.
- Wireless with the reliability of wired
October 2017, Inhep Electronics Holdings, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
IDS in partnership with OPTEX has taken a massive leap in bridging this gap with the release of the latest Xwave2 wireless integration technology.