Milestone Systems hosted the Milestone Community Days EMEA (MIPS) on May 8–10 in Dubai, UAE.
The hundreds of delegates experienced the solution power of the Milestone Community at the partner showcase with more than 30 exhibiting partners. A central part of MIPS is the networking events that not only give customers the ability to connect with the Milestone partners, but also facilitate partner-to-partner networking. This is one of the key components in the Milestone community strategy.
Another central part is the focus on extending the Milestone open platform approach. This enables partners to provide agile and easily adaptable video business solutions. The platform approach is also a major enabler in video solutions moving beyond traditional security.
Milestone is adding two new business-ready products to the XProtect product portfolio in response to market demands for the ability to network smaller systems. This enables small and medium-sized businesses a new level of flexibility, as the new XProtect products empower highly interconnected systems paving the way for centralised control and management.
Designing perfect solutions
R2, the second product update of XProtect 2017, was introduced at the event. Two key features of this are:
• Highest VMS performance: High performing VMS software is important for enabling the Milestone community to design cost effective-solutions. For XProtect, this entails a recording server performance of 3.1 Gigabit/s. This high performance contributes to hardware costs savings and a simplified infrastructure.
• More cyber security features: As video management systems are becoming more business-critical, it is imperative that the software is as secure as possible. The XProtect 2017 R2 update includes several security enhancements for improved cyber security, enabling the Milestone partners to design solutions that meet the increasing needs for hardened systems.
The sponsoring partners were:
• Diamond: Allied Telesis, Fujitsu.
• Platinum: iCetana, Pivot 3, Seagate Technologies, Venzo Secure
• Gold: Axis Communications, Fibernetix, Hikvision, IBM, Intransa, NetApp, Scality.
• Silver: Advancis, Axone Systems, BARCO, Bosch, Dahua, Dell EMC, Ela-soft, G2K Group, Ipsotek, Nedap, Optex, Pablo Niklas, Parking Spotter (Milestone Kickstarter winner), Promise Technology, Quantum, Rasilient, Snap Surveillance, Soliton, Spectra Logic, Vidsys, XPR Group.
“Milestone community days bring people from across EMEA to the Middle East to build partnerships for the future, leading to new possibilities for the whole community. This is the perfect opportunity for partners and customers to experience the solution power of our community,” says Kenneth Hune Petersen, chief sales and marketing officer, Milestone Systems.
Milestone extends support for body-worn cameras
Milestone Systems has released Device Pack 9.1 for partners and customers using Milestone XProtect video solutions. The bi-monthly device packs contain software updates supporting new hardware.
In Device Pack 9.1, support for Digital Barriers body-worn cameras has been extended. XProtect can now interface to Digital Barriers Edgevis servers. These dedicated servers provide a secure, scalable video transmission platform, able to stream video live from cameras to users over any, but especially low bandwidth, wireless networks.
Thanks to the use of open platform technology, this new feature is supported by the SVQR (Scalable Video Quality Recording) functionality in Milestone VMS.
Using SVQR, a low bandwidth connection can be used to send low resolution video to a command centre for real-time situational awareness. When the camera is connected to a high bandwidth network, the high-quality recordings from the cameras local storage can be retrieved by XProtect 2017 advanced VMS, either by event, schedule or manually.
|Tel:||082 377 0415|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Milestone Systems|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved