New appointments at Naxian
May 2017, News
Naxian Systems, officially launched in May 2017, provides smart solutions for both end users and system integrators. The team has been carefully handpicked to add value to client propositions, leveraging over a cumulative hundred years of knowledge, expertise and experience in the commercial and security engineering sectors.
• Bernard Senekal, MD: With more than 22 years as entrepreneur, Bernard spent eight years in the commercial and industrial video, information technology and business information systems markets. He has spent the past 14 years in the electronic security market, building and selling a successful distribution company, acquiring and turning around Geutebruck Southern Africa before founding Naxian Systems. Bernard is responsible for the strategic vision of Naxian and ensures that the daily behaviour and activities of his team are aligned with the company’s long-term objectives. Bernard lives by the motto that opportunities multiply as they are seized!
• Charl Wolfaardt, financial director: As entrepreneur himself, Charl has been instrumental in the successful build of all businesses where Bernard has been involved over the years. He has ensured stable administrative, logistics and financial processes and disciplines, and continues to do so in his role at Naxian.
• Duncan Gordon, business development: Duncan has the ability to get the right audience around the table, although relatively new to the physical electronic security industry, his passion and drive is a breath of fresh air. Having spent the bulk of his career in the ISP and telecoms industries (and a short stint in the green energy space), he comes with a wealth of knowledge, technical networking abilities and strong B2B relationships as well as an excellent nose for picking up new opportunities.
• Gerhard Furter, head of innovation: A technology veteran of 22 years, Gerhard has achieved success in projects across diverse markets: defence, financial, manufacturing, distribution and communications. Gerhard lives by his maxim that impossible is only an opinion, and there is always a way to achieve the objective, even if that way is completely outside the usual method. An innovator, futurist, and avid gamer, Gerhard contributes to the superior technical ability of Naxian with a tactless disregard for industry limitations that have gained him a reputation as the blunt instrument that gets the job done.
• Wayne Bosch, solutions engineer: Wayne has 16 years’ experience within the security industry. Starting as a technician and excelling through the ranks in almost all aspects within the security industry, during the years of transition from analogue to IP technologies, has given him the ability to associate and identify all manner of technical (and other) requirements that are applicable for certain environments. He also has the ability and driving force to complete any project to perfection with a passion for new and innovative ways of completing projects more efficiently.
For more information contact Naxian, +27 (0)87 820 0620, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.naxian.co.za
- Another day, another attack
July 2017, Technews Publishing, News
One of the sad things about South Africa is that we have all become hardened to crime, especially violent crime. For whatever reason, the media does not report most of the crime that happens, unless it ...
- Residential Estate Security Conference 2017
July 2017, Technews Publishing, This Week's Editor's Pick, News, Conferences & Events
Hi-Tech Security Solutions, in cooperation with Rob Anderson, will be hosting a full day conference covering residential estate security in Johannesburg on 15 August 2017.
- ASSA ABLOY acquires Inhep
July 2017, Inhep Electronics Holdings, This Week's Editor's Pick, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection, News
Inhep is the latest South Africa security designer and manufacturer to be snapped up by ASSA ABLOY. It seems that local is internationally lekker.
- Axis moves to new offices
July 2017, Axis Communications SA, News
Axis Communications has moved its Johannesburg offices to The Crossing, 372 Main Road in Bryanston, only a short distance from its old offices.
- Morpho becomes OT-MORPHO
July 2017, Morpho South Africa, News, Access Control & Identity Management
Safran has announced the completion of the sale of its identity and security activities to Advent International for Euro 2.4 billion.
- Dahua secures its IoT
July 2017, Dahua Technology, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, News
Dahua Technology announced its selection of Synopsys to enhance the security of its Internet of Things (IoT) devices and solutions.
- Sensor first to offer a 5-year warranty
July 2017, Sensor Security Systems, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, News
Sensor Security takes the lead and offers 5-year warranty for all Hikvision network IP equipment.
- Crest launches SkillsGrid
July 2017, News, Security Services & Risk Management
Crest Advisory Arica has announced its appointment as certified consultants for SkillsGrid, an intelligent system designed to assist in deploying people optimally in the workplace.
- Avigilon integrates Virdi
July 2017, Avigilon, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management
Avigilon Access Control Manager integrated with Virdi’s biometric system provides additional authentication for sites requiring a high level of security.
- Mtrack declares WAR
July 2017, News, Asset Management, EAS, RFID
Mtrack is announcing its latest hardware platform, the MtrackWAR, the next level of technology in wireless asset tracking and recovery.
- New brand open day for Came BPT
July 2017, Came BPT South Africa, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management
Came BPT South Africa held open days on 6 and 7 June 2017 at its Johannesburg office in order to have customers experience the new Came BPT brand as well as the new VisionBPT and MileSight ranges.
- Stallion hosts open day
July 2017, This Week's Editor's Pick, News, Security Services & Risk Management
Stallion Security hosted an open day in June in which clients and potential clients were invited to the company’s Johannesburg headquarters to learn more about the company and the various services it ...