New appointments at Naxian
May 2017, News
Naxian Systems, officially launched in May 2017, provides smart solutions for both end users and system integrators. The team has been carefully handpicked to add value to client propositions, leveraging over a cumulative hundred years of knowledge, expertise and experience in the commercial and security engineering sectors.
• Bernard Senekal, MD: With more than 22 years as entrepreneur, Bernard spent eight years in the commercial and industrial video, information technology and business information systems markets. He has spent the past 14 years in the electronic security market, building and selling a successful distribution company, acquiring and turning around Geutebruck Southern Africa before founding Naxian Systems. Bernard is responsible for the strategic vision of Naxian and ensures that the daily behaviour and activities of his team are aligned with the company’s long-term objectives. Bernard lives by the motto that opportunities multiply as they are seized!
• Charl Wolfaardt, financial director: As entrepreneur himself, Charl has been instrumental in the successful build of all businesses where Bernard has been involved over the years. He has ensured stable administrative, logistics and financial processes and disciplines, and continues to do so in his role at Naxian.
• Duncan Gordon, business development: Duncan has the ability to get the right audience around the table, although relatively new to the physical electronic security industry, his passion and drive is a breath of fresh air. Having spent the bulk of his career in the ISP and telecoms industries (and a short stint in the green energy space), he comes with a wealth of knowledge, technical networking abilities and strong B2B relationships as well as an excellent nose for picking up new opportunities.
• Gerhard Furter, head of innovation: A technology veteran of 22 years, Gerhard has achieved success in projects across diverse markets: defence, financial, manufacturing, distribution and communications. Gerhard lives by his maxim that impossible is only an opinion, and there is always a way to achieve the objective, even if that way is completely outside the usual method. An innovator, futurist, and avid gamer, Gerhard contributes to the superior technical ability of Naxian with a tactless disregard for industry limitations that have gained him a reputation as the blunt instrument that gets the job done.
• Wayne Bosch, solutions engineer: Wayne has 16 years’ experience within the security industry. Starting as a technician and excelling through the ranks in almost all aspects within the security industry, during the years of transition from analogue to IP technologies, has given him the ability to associate and identify all manner of technical (and other) requirements that are applicable for certain environments. He also has the ability and driving force to complete any project to perfection with a passion for new and innovative ways of completing projects more efficiently.
For more information contact Naxian, +27 (0)87 820 0620, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.naxian.co.za
- The Russians are coming! Turn off your saunas immediately.
October 2017, Technews Publishing, News
I, of all people, love a good cloak-and-dagger hacking story. But really, the Americans are taking this to the extreme. First, Hillary blamed the nasty Russians for losing her the election (which has ...
- Ideco allows you to own your own identity
October 2017, Ideco Biometrics, News
Ideco launches advanced identity verification ecosystem that speeds verification via mobile phones.
- Securexpo East Africa postponed
October 2017, News
Organisers behind Securexpo East Africa have confirmed that in light of the recent re-scheduling for the Kenyan Presidential elections, the exhibition will be postponed.
- OT-Morpho becomes IDEMIA
October 2017, News, Access Control & Identity Management
The result of the merger of Oberthur Technologies (OT) and Safran Identity & Security (Morpho), the OT-Morpho Group has became IDEMIA.
- HID Global to acquire Mercury Security
October 2017, News
HID Global announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Mercury Security, an OEM supplier of controllers for physical access control.
- ELPA concludes first certifications
October 2017, News
Following its launch in June this year, the first set of certification exams for Earthing and Lighting Protection Association (ELPA) accredited installers/designers were held in Johannesburg.
- Packaged cyber-threat service
October 2017, GNL Cyber, News, Cyber Security
Gold ‘N Links Cyber introduces GNL CYBER 360, a per user, next generation cyber-threat packaged service.
- ZKTeco’s sales kick off a success
October 2017, ZKTeco, News
The first ever ZKTeco Joint Venture Sales Conference held at the Orion Hotel in Hartbeespoort boosted the motivation of the dynamic group of sales personnel.
- Invixium integrates with Paxton
October 2017, Paxton Access, News, Access Control & Identity Management
Paxton has announced the integration of its networked access control system, Net2, with Invixium’s biometric software, IXM WEB.
- Hikvision reaches new heights
October 2017, Hikvision South Africa, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Perimeter Security, Alarms & Intruder Detection
Hikvision held an event to celebrate the launch of its perimeter defence solutions on 15 September on the 20th Floor of The Venue, Green Park.
- New operations coordinator for Powell Tronics
October 2017, Powell Tronics, News
In line with Powell Tronics’ mission to enhance the customer experience, Matthew Bushell recently joined the team in the role of operations coordinator.
- Arteco integrates with Hanwha Techwin
October 2017, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Arteco announced that its Video Event Management and Video Intelligence Solutions are now compatible with the new Hanwha Techwin Wisenet 5 chipset.