Tough with opportunities
February 2017, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Cyber Security
It is expected that cyber security breaches and crimes will dominate the headlines; especially with the fast-growing list of new, innovative threats, like fileless malware, dronejacking and the continued evolution of malware. The exploitation of IP cameras as a backdoor will also prove challenging, with ever more secure security policies being implemented. The alignment of internal security systems to IT processes will continue, stimulating IP sales.
However, the electronic security landscape will be sure to provide its own challenges that require smart, innovative use of technology to address security and business management concerns effectively. Integration will remain a key aspect, converging multiple subsystems into a converged powerhouse of intelligence and forensic data, most likely including SIoT (Security Internet of Things).
Marius Stoop, sales manager.
What will make an impact?
• The current product curve is peaking, with excellent products across many levels, allowing one to meet solution requirements and the price sensitivity of some markets. Big data and cloud storage should offer some storage alternatives in the near future. SIoT, the excitingly anticipated marriage between IoT and electronic security brings with it an expectation of virtually endless possibilities.
• The projects environment should be ready to embrace a more open platform architecture (less proprietary) driving compatibility, integration, cloud presence and convergence.
• While the mid to lower tiers will be more interested in (more proprietary) boxed solutions, many top camera manufacturers are now offering entry to mid-level head-end software and solutions, and vice versa for some head-end manufacturers.
What about the economy?
• Bleak forecasts, political turbulence, electricity and water supply constraints are seen in some crystal balls, one should protect against these by remaining steadfast in a strong business strategy and focus on the execution thereof.
• A slightly stronger version of 2016 could be expected. Growth has to be driven by offering the customer value to invest in outcomes-based solutions and good ROI with a suitable TCO.
2017 will undoubtedly be as challenging as any. With most companies undergoing consolidation of one kind or another, the product and service offering will be funnelled into a high concentration of a few strong contenders.
- The changing nature of CCTV surveillance and the demands of crisis handling
May 2017, Leaderware, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
While used to traditional physical security responses to threats in outside areas, many managers and staff in surveillance control rooms are facing new challenges.
- Trusted Platform Module explained
May 2017, Bosch Security Systems, This Week's Editor's Pick, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Cyber Security
Bosch IP cameras, encoders and selected storage systems have an onboard security chip – actually a system-on-a-chip called the Trusted Platform Module – that provides functionality similar to crypto smartcards.
- Seagate Integration is Milestone Certified
May 2017, Milestone Systems, News, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Milestone Systems has announced that Seagate Technology RealStor is now a Milestone Certified Solution.
- Security beyond security
May 2017, Axis Communications SA, Financial (Industry), CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Asset Management, EAS, RFID
The use of security solutions can extend beyond security in financial organisations.
- Top CCTV
Securex 2017 preview, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Top CCTV is a CCTV superstore and wholesale supplier in South Africa for a full range of CCTV cameras, DVRs and surveillance products. It has been providing solutions to customers for more than 10 years ...
- Frank Street
Securex 2017 preview, Frank Street, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Frank Street will be exhibiting the latest Milesight and Luxriot EVO product ranges as well as its own spy camera range. Milesight will introduce the Milesight PTZ bullet camera, a first of its kind, ...
Securex 2017 preview, FLIR Systems, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
FLIR announced four new security products recently. The new products include FLIR United VMS 8.0, the latest version of the company’s flagship video management solution (VMS), and three high-performance ...
- GeoVision SA
Securex 2017 preview, GeoVision SA, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
GeoVision SA will again be participating in this important annual security event and numerous new products will be on display, in particular its IP range.
A new high-tech, but very affordable mini dome ...
- Desert Wolf Consulting
Securex 2017 preview, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Transport (Industry)
Desert Wolf supplies rugged mobile solutions. With more than two decades’ experience, Desert Wolf strives to produce only the best logistical support trailers and complete military and commercial mobile ...
- Keystone Electronic Solutions
Securex 2017 preview, Keystone , CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring, Access Control & Identity Management
Keystone Electronic Solutions is an electronics research and development company. During Securex 2017 the company will be showcasing Project V, a ‘stream on trigger’ solution that provides centrally managed ...
- Hitek Security Distributors
Securex 2017 preview, HiTek Security Distributors, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
The house of ProvisionISR, INIM Electronics & DUEVI, presents expert solutions to all your security requirements. Offering you the latest in advanced technology from CCTV and alarm systems to home automation.
- Graphic Image Technologies
Securex 2017 preview, Graphic Image Technologies, CCTV, Surveillance & Remote Monitoring
Graphic Image Technologies (GIT), specialists in both remote and enterprise CCTV and control room technologies, will be showcasing its latest range of SerVision and FLIR products and solutions that feature ...