Remote monitoring is based on the use of CCTV cameras on a client’s site. These sites can be situated at any location around the country, which can be monitored and viewed in a secure control room environment.
Modular’s control room and reliable network design enables the ability to monitor clients’ CCTV installations from a central point anywhere in the country, in an efficient manner by trained CCTV operators that follows its own as well as client specific procedures. This enables Modular to keep the guards on site alert, as well as doing virtual patrols of the site on the hour.
The control room operators can also monitor and manage stock control at goods receiving and dispatch points as well as access control. The most critical part of offsite monitoring is detecting intruders on the perimeter of the site. Modular does this by incorporation of Acoust Alert PIDS onto the perimeter as an early warning system.
Acoust Alert is fitted onto the perimeter walls and picks up any form of vibration, cuts, bumps, and climbs on the perimeter fence. The alarms generated by Acoust Alert are integrated to the CCTV system and generates an audible alarm as well as switches the relevant camera in the area onto the control room operator’s alarm/viewing station the moment any of the aforementioned conditions triggers an alarm. The control room staff can then take action and alert the guards on site as well as the police and the company’s armed response units to the intrusion.
Modular also installs a PA and automated messaging system as part of the solution where the operator can broadcast a message to the site to scare off the intruder. This PA system also has automated messages that gets broadcasted to the site at regular intervals to alert possible intruders to the fact that the site is monitored live by CCTV operators. This works as an excellent deterrent for possible intruders.
To list just a few positive factors which have come from clients using Modular’s remote monitoring service:
• Break-ins have been reduced.
• Intruders breaking into clients’ premises have been apprehended.
• Guards have an immediate second reference with the control room to consult.
• Guards are more confident and feel safer doing their patrols around the property.
• Clients get a daily report about their site.
• Clients know who will have access to the properties 24/7/365.
• No guards are sleeping on duty as operators make calls to the site in 15 minute intervals.
• No collusion with intruders and criminals possible as guards don’t have access to gate control after hours.
• No unauthorised access or removal of property.
• Operators ensure that guards conduct access control inspections and searches.
Modular Communication’s offsite control room is based in Port Elizabeth and monitors sites around the country. The control room is a model installation of how a control room should be constructed, mechanically and technologically and has strict control room and site specific operational procedures.
|Tel:||+27 41 364 2653|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Modular Communications|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd. | All Rights Reserved.