Tyco Security Products is introducing its Cyber Protection Programme, a multifaceted initiative that provides a holistic approach to cyber security protection for physical security through each phase of the product development life cycle.
Tyco Security Products has developed its cyber security expertise after many years of providing critical solutions for the United States government and other large multinational customers, and holds several industry-firsts, including FISMA-ready access control and video solutions.
“Our Cyber Protection Programme was born from our broad experience in complying with government regulatory standards and meeting the highly complex needs of multinational deployments,” said Steve Carney, senior director, integration platforms, Tyco Security Products. “Our deep understanding of these regulatory rigors helps us to better partner with our customers to more effectively mitigate risks from hackers, activists or other malicious threats when it comes to their physical security systems.”
The Cyber Protection Programme is led by a team responsible for monitoring the product development process and authorising final product release to ensure compliance with secure development best practices. Some of these best practices include:
• Developing and maintaining the company’s security standards for product development.
• Performing security evaluations and testing on devices, applications and systems.
• Providing guidance to help users configure systems to comply with standards such as FISMA and NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP).
• Performing in-house and independent third-party security testing of Tyco products.
• Evaluating and developing responses to possible vulnerabilities potentially affecting our products as they are discovered.
The programme has already been implemented across several product lines, including Software House, American Dynamics and Illustra, and the Cyber Protection team is managing the long-term strategy for embedding the same cyber safety mindset across other product lines within the Tyco Security Products portfolio.
To learn more about the Cyber Protection Programme, please visit www.tycosecurityproducts.com/cyberprotection.aspx
|Tel:||+27 11 026 9476|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Tyco Security Products|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved