According to an EMC report released earlier this year, the digital universe is doubling in size every two years and will multiply 10-fold between 2013 and 2020 – from 4.4 trillion gigabytes to 44 trillion gigabytes. While backup costs are halving every year, prices are not dropping fast enough to match this rate of data growth and recovery will soon become unaffordable for many organisations.
Businesses are moving away from tape backup, which can be unreliable and expensive, and are more comfortable with storing their data in the cloud – especially as security improves.
Service providers are experienced in maintaining and supporting backup infrastructure. They can assist organisations with implementing the required technology and provide them with the tools they need to manage their backups.
Organisations can also leverage the economy of scale offered by service providers who have access to massive storage vaults and can provision space in their data centres at lower cost – and more securely – than if the client were to manage that themselves.
While it may be relatively easy to back up data, the real value lies in the ability to restore lost or compromised data in an environment that it can actually be used – and within agreed upon timeframes. RecoveryVault agentless backup and recovery software is the only end-to-end cloud backup enablement solution flexible enough to meet the needs of customers ranging from small businesses to the global enterprise. As the first service provider in the region to deploy the Asigra Recovery License Model (RLM), Global Micro provides end-customers with immediate backup savings and long-term cost controls.
Designed for efficient performance and compatibility with public, private and hybrid cloud architectures, RecoveryVault Cloud Backup powered by Asigra offers:
• End-to-end protection of enterprise application data in physical, virtual, mobile and cloud environments to eliminate the complexity of multiple point solutions.
• Agentless software architecture for easier deployment, management and performance/security advantages in virtualised IT infrastructure.
• New pricing model options that include the Recovery License Model (RLM) or Capacity License Model (CLM), which only charges customers for the amount of data they recover, not the amount they back up.
• Global de-duplication and data compression technology to improve storage optimisation and network throughput.
• NIST FIPS 140-2 certified security, including AES 256 encryption for military-grade data security.
• Autonomic healing and validation restore capabilities for recovery assurance.
• Support for 80 different platforms and databases across the entire digital footprint, from storage and servers, to desktops and laptops on the enterprise LAN, as well as remote tablets, laptops and smartphones.
• LAN Discovery, which scans the entire network and discovers all data on all devices, categorises it for long- or short-term storage, and calculates data growth.
For more information contact Global Micro, +27 (0)11 731 0600, firstname.lastname@example.org
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved