A full maintenance lease is defined as a lease where the lessor accepts full responsibility for the supply, installation, maintenance and insurance of the equipment for the duration of the lease. Depending on the contract signed, at the end of the lease the customer may keep the equipment installed (or some of it), or it may revert to the lessor.
Chris Lovemore, CEO of ELF Rentals says this model lends itself well to the supply of perimeter security equipment for the following reasons:
1. If the service provider who installs the system is also accountable and responsible for the maintenance of the system, they will suffer the consequences of poor installation workmanship or inferior materials and not the client.
2. Should the service provider not perform his maintenance obligations correctly, the client has the authority to withhold payments, including those relating to the capital outlay.
3. Should there be an insurance issue, the service provider is able to immediately respond and install new equipment and process the claim.
4. Most manufacturers guarantee equipment for a maximum of one year. The full maintenance lease provides for a longer term warranty of the equipment at the service provider’s risk, providing a fixed budget for the client for the full duration of the contract.
5. A dedicated and committed service provider who has invested their capital and resources into a client’s premises develops good skills in maintaining the systems, which benefits the client.
6. The depreciating nature of perimeter systems as well as the rapid advance in technology means that these systems need to be upgraded at least every five years. A full maintenance lease is able to provide adequately for the continuation of service and the upgrading of equipment at required intervals.
For more information contact Elf Rentals, +27 (0)41 368 3701, www.elfrentals.co.za
|Tel:||+27 11 312 9971|
|Fax:||+27 11 312 9971|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Elf Rentals - Electronic Security Solutions|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved