Avigilon has announced the addition of the Rialto video analytics appliance family to its product portfolio. The Rialto appliances provide real-time event detection and verification, enabling users to proactively identify any unusual activity that occurs in a monitored scene and take immediate action as necessary. Users can effectively lower costs and increase efficiencies, reduce on-site theft and vandalism, and provide real-time crime prevention to secure assets with this technology.
Following Avigilon’s recent acquisition of VideoIQ, this release marks the introduction of video analytics to Avigilon’s end-to-end security solution. Rialto technology, when combined with high-definition video imaging, will provide users with superior perimeter surveillance to help protect property, assets and personnel.
The Rialto family of products is optimised by its ‘Teach-by-Example’ functionality, which enables users to give feedback about the accuracy of various alarm events as they are generated. Rialto products are able to learn from this feedback and increase future accuracy, resulting in one of the lowest false alarm rates in the industry. This self-learning technology provides enhanced levels of protection, particularly suited for environments that require perimeter and intrusion theft protection, such as critical infrastructure and commercial installations.
Core features and benefits of the Rialto series include:
* Self-learning analytics: Algorithm-based intelligence allows the system to recognise people and vehicles while ignoring irrelevant motion;
* True object classification: The system classifies people and vehicles, while ignoring other objects that are unimportant to the scene;
* High-definition analysis: Analysis of video up to 1080p resolution allows for more accurate identification of object features to help reduce false alarms;
* Audio talk-down capabilities: Connects to external speakers for remote talk-down functionality to provide additional intrusion deterrence;
* Instant notification: Real-time SMS or email notifications enhance on-site security and professional monitoring services;
* Ease of installation: Plug-and-play setup means quicker installation and near-instant realisation of the benefits of analytics technology;
* Always-on technology: Video analytics are able to monitor an area 24/7, 365 days a year; and
* Open platform: The system is designed to recognise third-party analogue and IP cameras.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved