HID Global has unveiled a major update to its FARGO Direct-to-Card (DTC) printer line that expands the secure issuance capabilities for small, medium and large private and government organisations producing ID, access control, payment and loyalty cards. One of the most widely-adopted printer/encoder lines on the market, the company’s enhanced FARGO DTC printers now feature an embedded multi-technology iCLASS SE Encoder to simplify card technology migration and personalise large ID card batches, all from within the printer.
The DTC portfolio also includes expanded in-line personalisation features that offer faster speeds and increased flexibility with the optional wireless accessory module that allows users to issue cards at anytime, from anywhere.
Enhancements to HID Global’s DTC line are designed to further streamline and improve card and ID issuance while making it easier to enrol, personalise and issue higher volumes of cards with faster throughput and a variety of new security, encoding and mobile issuance options. Key features include:
* In-line physical access control data programming/encoding: HID Global’s FARGO DTC printers can be specified to include the multi-technology iCLASS SE encoder, which enables all credential creation, encoding, personalisation and management for large ID card batches to be performed inside the printer, in a single issuance step that significantly reduces administrative burden and hardware costs. The DTC units simplify migration from current, more inefficient and expensive credential technologies, such as magstripe cards, to high-frequency smart-cards, and support future card technologies. Cards can be encoded with unique company or employee information, and programmed to work with a variety of physical access control systems, anywhere in the world, depending on the permissions written onto the card. Users can streamline all card ordering, inventory management and issuance processes while maintaining maximum flexibility, security and end-to-end operational control.
* Faster print speeds: The new, substantially faster DTC printers dramatically improve the efficiency of the issuance process. They can be used to produce 50 per cent more cards in the same given time period as the company’s earlier DTC models, and they can deliver cards to users 50 per cent more quickly than was previously possible.
* Anytime, anywhere mobile issuance: The enhanced DTC printers give users the flexibility to produce cards from any location, at any time, when using HID Global’s Asure ID card personalisation software on a Windows 8 Pro Tablet over a secure wireless network. An optional Wi-Fi accessory connected to any FARGO DTC printer/encoder eliminates the need for wall-mounted Ethernet jacks and cables. The solution gives users a wide range of capabilities for secure, on-demand credential enrolment and printing in the field, including the flexibility to add bar codes, company logos and a wide variety of visually-rich, full-colour card personalisation options.
HID Global’s latest FARGO DTC portfolio includes four printers that offer customers a variety of options for fast, affordable, secure card issuance. Each printer features AES-256 data encryption support, can be specified with a built-in iCLASS SE encoder and can be used with HID Global’s Wi-Fi accessory for mobile card enrolment and issuance:
* FARGO DTC1000Me monochrome printer: offers the smallest footprint of any monochrome printer on the market.
* FARGO DTC1250e colour printer: the fastest printer in its class, enabling users to produce 50 per cent more cards in the same amount of time as with other printers with the same edge-to-edge colour quality, up to a maximum of 225 cards per hour.
* FARGO DTC4250e and DTC4500e professional-grade colour printers: offers higher security with optional locking card hoppers (DTC4500e) and printer password protection. These high-throughput printer/encoders also include Ethernet connectivity and are field-upgradeable, simplifying equipment migration to higher levels of security through the use of holographic or fluorescent (UV) overlaminates and dual-sided printing to include additional visual elements. The DTC4500e provides the best cost-per-card profile and is ideal for fast, high-capacity printing and encoding of highly secure, forgery-resistant credentials.
|Tel:||+44 1440 714 850|
|Fax:||+44 1440 714 840|
|Articles:||More information and articles about HID Global|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved