In residential estates, residents feel more secure because they are protected by surrounding walls and the electric fences and often forget about other important topics for the security of the community. One of the weakest points is the access control to the residential complex.
Very often they think it is enough to have a guardhouse, an electric fence and maybe a CCTV system to monitor the perimeter. These systems are necessary but it is also important to identify whoever enters and exits the complex.
It is important that a residential complex must consider having an access control system which records all the persons entering and exiting. The system must be used by residents, workers, contractors, and visitors. There must be also a system to prevent somebody to follow a permit holder. So it is also important to use barriers connected to the access control system in order to avoid the tailgate phenomena. This is obtained using barriers or other physical barrier which works in conjunction with the access control system.
So before the gate is opened the person entering must be identified, and if he or she is a visitor or a contractor there must be a system to verify who they are going to visit. An effective way to achieve this objective is to use a GSM intercom system.
These are the reasons why the GSM intercom is effective:
* It has a large capacity. The GSM intercom system can handle up to several thousand users.
* Installation costs are kept to a minimum: there are no cables to run to the residents’ house. The call is generated by the system installed at the complex entrance. The resident can be reached on his phone (landline or cellphone). The SIM card is installed in a dedicated device far from the entry panel. Safe and secure.
* The system can be managed from a secure website for the installation set up and for the management of the system. The set up can be done before the physical installation. Less time on the site and smooth handover to the complex manager.
* The call costs can be controlled. There is a complete set of reports available for a registered user on the dedicated website of the product.
* An access control system is included in the version with keypad.
* Residents can enjoy a missed call function. It works like a gate remote.
* They can call the unit which recognises their number and open the gate, at no cost at all.
|Tel:||+27 11 616 3222|
|Fax:||+27 11 622 1383/4|
|Articles:||More information and articles about CAME BPT South Africa|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved