You have mobility and barcode scanning devices in locations all across your enterprise. They are constantly on the move or situated in remote locations, and are critical to supporting your employees’ work activities.
They make your business operations effective, your business more efficient, and your customers more satisfied. However, the process of managing those devices – keeping the software up-to-date, dealing with multiple operating systems, ensuring proper configurations, and monitoring vital performance indicators – is time consuming, expensive, and prone to errors. What if you could manage all of these functions on any device within your network, from anywhere in the world, at any time you choose? That’s the power of Remote MasterMind.
Remote MasterMind provides advanced security features that let you control how your devices are used and how information is accessed. These features include:
* Authentication policies using Active Directory, so your end users are authenticated onto the network using the same credentials they use in the office.
* Device lockdown that allows you to restrict end user access to specific applications and websites.
* Application run controls that prevent restricted applications from running on your devices.
* Out-of-contact device policies that can be used to define actions to be taken automatically when a device has been lost, stolen, or fails to contact the server for a specified period of time.
* File encryption at the kernel level encrypts data stored on the device, as well as on an SD or memory card, helping you to achieve compliance with industry regulations. Remote MasterMind uses FIPS 140-2 validated AES-256 encryption to secure your mobile data. Similarly, communications with corporate resources are encrypted using standards-based SSL communication and FIPS 140-2 certified algorithms.
* Phone call policies that allow you to deliver device user access to a defined set of incoming and outgoing phone numbers.
* Device feature control policies that allow you to selectively disable device hardware features, such as Bluetooth wireless technology and cameras.
Remote MasterMind also provides the tools and technologies you need to control how and where your mobile assets are being used. For example, using the location feature on mobile devices gives you the ability to locate and track your GPS-enabled devices inside the four walls or anywhere in the world. With this feature, you can easily confirm the location of a vehicle of a field service worker, or track the movements of your devices and people to find greater workflow efficiencies. These location features are enhanced with geofencing. With geofencing, you can define specific actions to be taken automatically whenever a device enters or leaves a predefined area. You can also identify the postal address of a device, send driving directions from the help desk and even receive live traffic condition updates.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved