Having been a South African supplier of nightvision equipment for almost 30 years, it was a natural progression for ECM Technologies to become a player in the thermal imaging arena.
ECM Technologies supplies a range of thermal imaging products:
* Cooled Integrated Detector/Cooler Assemblies (IDCA’s) from Sofradir to the high-end thermal camera OEMs (ie Denel, Cassidian, Aselsan and ATE).
* Uncooled thermal cores from L-3 Thermal-Eye to uncooled camera manufacturers.
* South Africa’s best-selling handheld thermal imager – the L-3 X200xp. Several hundred of these handheld units have been sold in South Africa over the past 18 months. Users range from elite military and police units to game rangers (for use in the war against Rhino poaching) as well as community policing forums and private security companies.
* ECM, through its sister company Mil-Op Systems, also manufactures an uncooled thermal imager called MARS. The MARS system is a high performance uncooled system giving man size detection at over 1100 m. The MARS system has been exported into a large vehicle-borne military programme and has also been installed into a number of National Key Points for surveillance and perimeter security.
* The just-launched ATN pan-tilt smart thermal camera system from ATN (USA). This cost-effective plug-and-play camera offers good image quality and comes complete with built-in video analytics, including object tracking, configurable alarm generation and image stabilisation. This system was launched at the DSEi Defence exhibition in London.
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved