The Industrial VESDA VLI by Xtralis is the first very early warning aspirating smoke detector purpose-built for the protection of industrial applications of up to 2000 square metres. Housed in a ruggedised industrial enclosure and incorporating patented long-life, fail-safe filter technology along with other best-in-class VESDA features, the VLI sets a new benchmark for the protection of industrial applications. The detector showcases a host of features specifically designed to address the common challenges of industrial applications. According to Xtralis’ VLI product manager, Paul Leslie, reliable smoke detection in industrial applications has always been a challenge due to various background pollution issues including smoke and airborne particles, extreme temperatures, plant wash-down and other influences.
Major benefits of the VESDA VLI include:
* Lower cost of ownership.
* Up to 2000 m² coverage.
* Up to four inlet pipes.
* Total pipe length up to 360 m.
* Five high-intensity status LEDs for greater visibility.
* Robust absolute smoke detection.
* Patented intelligent filter.
* Lint trap to capture fibrous particulates.
* Sub-sampling probe (inertial separator).
* Secondary filter.
* Clean air barrier for optics protection.
* AutoLearn smoke and flow.
* Clean Air Zero.
* Air-path monitoring.
* Five relays (fire, fault and three configurable).
* Relays configurable as latching or non-latching.
* Expandable GPI and relays.
* Ultrasonic flow sensing.
* Xtralis VSC, Xtralis VSM4 and ASPIRE2 software support.
* IP54 enclosure.
* Easy mounting through steel support bracket.
* Modular field replaceable parts for ease of servicing.
* BACnet over Ethernet.
* Rubberised finish to external housing.
|Tel:||+27 11 794 9144|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Technoswitch Fire Detection & Suppression|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved