In Issue 1 every year, Hi-Tech Security Solutions looks at expected trends in the security industry, incorporating views from different sources. This year is no different, except we have a new contributor, ChatGPT from OpenAI.
For those who may not know what ChatGPT is, Wikipedia explains, “ChatGPT (Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer) is a chatbot developed by OpenAI and launched in November 2022. It is built on top of OpenAI’s GPT-3 family of large language models and has been fine-tuned (an approach to transfer learning) using both supervised and reinforcement learning techniques.”
“ChatGPT was launched as a prototype on November 30, 2022, and quickly garnered attention for its detailed responses and articulate answers across many domains of knowledge. Its uneven factual accuracy, however, was identified as a significant drawback.” (Find out more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ChatGPT.)
So, what trends does this AI expect? We asked ChatGPT (at https://chat.openai.com/chat) and include the exact reply it provided to us below, without any modification or editing.
“As an AI language model, I don’t have access to future events or trends beyond my knowledge cutoff date of 2021-09. However, I can share some possible trends for the physical security industry based on past and current developments in the industry.
1. Increased Use of Artificial Intelligence: With the increasing availability of advanced machine learning and computer vision algorithms, the physical security industry is likely to adopt more AI-based solutions for surveillance and threat detection. These solutions can automate many of the tasks that are currently performed by security personnel, making security operations more efficient and effective.
2. Integration with the Internet of Things: As more and more devices become connected to the internet, the physical security industry is likely to integrate more IoT-enabled devices such as cameras, sensors, and access control systems. This integration can improve situational awareness and enable more responsive security measures.
3. Emphasis on Cybersecurity: As physical security systems become more connected and digitised, there is an increasing need to ensure the cybersecurity of these systems. This can involve the use of advanced encryption and authentication technologies, as well as proactive monitoring and response measures to detect and prevent cyberattacks.
4. Adoption of Cloud-based Solutions: Cloud-based security solutions offer several advantages over traditional
5. Increased Focus on Privacy: With growing concerns about data privacy and security, the physical security industry is likely to adopt more privacy-focused solutions that protect the personal information of individuals. This can involve the use of advanced data encryption and anonymisation technologies, as well as more transparent data collection and usage practices.
Please note that these are only possible trends, and it’s important to keep in mind that the future is always uncertain and subject to change based on a wide variety of factors.”
Is the AI correct? What are your opinions? How does it compare with the other trend articles in this issue
Learn more about ChatGPT and OpenAI at https://openai.com/
|Tel:||+27 11 543 5800|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Technews Publishing|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved