Veeam Software has announced the new Veeam Data Platform, a single platform delivering more advanced data security, recovery and hybrid cloud capabilities than before. The Veeam Data Platform, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication (VBR) v12, provides secure backup and fast reliable recovery that keeps business running. It brings together the latest features offered from Veeam into a single robust solution. It is offered in three enterprise-grade editions for protecting cloud, virtual, physical, SaaS and Kubernetes applications across complex and expanding IT environments and the increasing set of challenges facing every organisation from outages to errors and ransomware.
Veeam Data Platform delivers the three key requirements to keep a business running: data security, data recovery, and data freedom to backup and use data from anywhere without platform or cloud lock-in. There are three enterprise-grade editions: Foundation, Advanced and Premium. All editions contain Veeam’s VBR and Instant Recovery; Advanced and Premium editions also deliver advanced resiliency features including monitoring, analytics and recovery.
• Foundation Edition offers complete data protection with VBR v12, which adds more than 500 new features and enhancements.
• Advanced Edition combines VBR with Veeam ONE (ONE) to give customers deep, intelligent monitoring and observability to identify and resolve any backup or recovery problems before they begin.
• Premium Edition offers ultimate enterprise modern data protection and recovery capabilities as the premier offering with VBR, ONE and Veeam Recovery Orchestrator (VRO). Building on the other editions, Premium adds the full automation of complex data recovery processes with near-zero Recovery Point Objectives (RPOs), while automating testing and providing complete data resiliency with the confidence of one click recovery. Premium edition customers are also eligible for the new Veeam Ransomware Warranty, which covers the cost of data recovery, up to $5 million dollars, in the event of a ransomware or cyberattack.
“Organisations are more vulnerable than ever. Over the past twelve months, 85% of organisations were attacked at least once; up from 76% last year,” said Danny Allan, CTO and Senior Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam. “We understand IT leaders feel they are not sufficiently protected and as IT environments continue to grow more complex and demanding, it is now obvious that modern data protection must be integrated into the overall cyber preparedness plan. The Veeam Data Platform brings the best of Veeam solutions together to deliver a single platform with security, reliable data recovery and trusted data freedom. It is designed to give our customers the choice to leverage the right solution to fit their needs and keep their business running.”
All editions of Veeam Data Platform leverage the very latest backup and recovery technology of VBR v12 as its foundation. New functionality that advances enterprise-grade recovery capabilities ensures confidence in the face of disaster or cyberattacks across the hybrid cloud, including:
• New direct-to-object storage backups: Take full advantage of the unlimited scalability of on-premises and cloud object storage without sacrificing performance. Send backups directly to Veeam’s broad ecosystem of object storage partners on-premises with the performance needed to meet goals, or backup your edge locations directly to cloud object storage.
• Trusted immutability for every workload: Ensure backups can always be restored after a cyberattack with comprehensive, enterprise-grade immutability options from trusted vendors, including on-premises object, block and file storage, hardened repositories and de-duplicating storage appliances, cloud object storage and tape.
• Cyber resilient: Enable the fastest response to ransomware attacks by identifying, alerting and restoring only clean data, including automation and proven recovery orchestration for all workloads. Empower a zero-trust journey with
• Hybrid-cloud optimised: Achieve even greater efficiency and security across the hybrid cloud with immutable backups for cloud-native AWS and Microsoft Azure workloads, new cloud-integrated agents for lift-and-shift workloads, and unified cloud monitoring and reporting.
• Ecosystem Excellence: Veeam Universal Storage API 2.0 and NEW Smart Object Storage API provide increased future proofing for enterprise scalability and off-site resilience. Ecosystem vendors include Pure Storage, Scality and Object First as the inaugural launch partners that integrate with these new APIs.
Find out more at www.veeam.com
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved