Mining for many countries forms the lifeblood of their economy. In South Africa, the mining industry contributes as much as 8,2% to the gross domestic product (GDP). Due to various health and safety acts and regulatory requirements, mines are forced to ensure the well-being of their employees/miners and many mines are turning towards technology to address these challenges.
Some of these solutions include the following:
• Contactless access management.
• Time and attendance management.
• Surveillance of highly hazardous areas or areas of interest.
• Compliance monitoring, wearing protective equipment and safety procedures.
• Facial collection, recognition and thermal screening of employees.
• Proximity detection system (PDS) that ensure the safety of on-site employees and vehicles.
• Automation of various processes at weighbridges or entry gates through licence plate recognition (LPR) and object character recognition for trucks and train wagons.
• Increase operational efficiency using various artificial intelligence and object identification techniques.
Secutel Technologies offers solutions covering access control, cloud video surveillance, intrusion detection and workforce management that incorporates the above-mentioned features with a proven track record of reputable high-value customers that includes the biggest banks and security companies.
|Tel:||+27 10 015 1401|
|Articles:||More information and articles about Secutel Technologies|
© Technews Publishing (Pty) Ltd | All Rights Reserved